Flowchart design. Flowchart symbols, shapes, stencils and icons
Mavericks have always desired to stand apart and gorgeous design is the recipe for that. Any business graphic document will be more understandable if will use an expository color scheme for their parts. Flowchart design makes versatile presenting and explaining the process and gives a fresh view that distinguishes it from black and white flowcharts on a paper. The best design can be accomplished by starting from any of the suitable ConceptDraw examples. Pick one of them and begin to input proper text into each Flowchart shape. Apply fewer colors in the document and don't turn into a rainbow in your diagram, three or four will be enough, also note that the business process flowchart may not contain bright color hues. The next clue is to use identical colors for the same flowchart shape types.
A flowchart is a type of diagram that represents an algorithm, workflow or process, showing the steps as boxes of various kinds, and their order by connecting them with arrows. This diagrammatic:
- Represents an algorithm or process
- Illustrates a solution to a given problem
- Represented Process operations
- Used in analyzing
- Used in designing
- Used in documenting
- Used in managing a process
- Used in program in various fields
Flowcharts symbols visualize a process or algorithm of program as step/operation blocks of various shapes connected with arrowed lines showing the process flow direction. For instance, there are important process flow symbols to be used in chart to plan process, to review process or to setup process. Here the standard flowchart symbols library used as for process flow use case as for general flowchart porpose. This graphical library of ConceptDraw DIAGRAM flowchart software.
Pic 1. Standard Flowchart Symbols Library
Looking for the right vector elements as the standard flowchart symbols provided by American National Standard Institute (ANSI) especially for creating charts, you can find it all in our Flowcharts library which includes 26 standard symbols.
Pic 2. Flowchart design elements. Flowchart symbols, shapes, stencils and icons.
(Flowchart Symbols of ConceptDraw flowchart software)
The vector stencils library "Flowcharts Rapid Draw" contains 48 symbols for quick and easy drawing your flowcharts.
Pic 3. Flowchart design elements - Rapid Draw. Flowchart symbols, shapes, stencils and icons.
(Flowchart Symbols of ConceptDraw flowchart software)
The vector stencils library "Swimlane Flowcharts" contains 20 symbols. Use the swimlane shapes for drawing:
- swimlane diagrams,
- cross-functional flowcharts,
- top-down diagrams,
- information tracking diagrams,
- process planning diagrams,
- and structure prediction diagrams.
Pic 4. Flowchart design elements — Swimlane. Flowchart symbols, shapes, stencils and icons.
(Flowchart Symbols of ConceptDraw DIAGRAM flowchart software)
How to do Flowchart Design Using Standard Flowchart Symbols
To create a flowchart in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software, select a flowchart template from Flowcharts solution of the "Diagrams" area. This solution contains all the tools, samples and libraries with vector icons you'll need to build a specific diagram: standard process flow diagram, professional workflow diagram, process flowchart, functional flowchart, process map, process chart, functional process chart, business process model, process model, business flow diagram or any other. Major steps of professional flowchart design usually done with help of ConceptDraw DIAGRAM flowchart software.
- The flowchart should be started and ended with the terminator symbol.
- Use the Decision symbol to ask a question.
- The Process symbol is used for activities or action steps.
- The Delay symbol is used for indicates a delay in the process.
- A Off-page reference symbol means a cross-reference from one process to another on the same page, or if containing a letter or number, means that this chart connects to another chart on a different page.
- Use the Rapid Draw buttons to add standard flowchart symbols automatically.
- Flowchart symbols added with Rapid Draw arrows are connected automatically.
- Changing the style of your Flowchart in just one click.
- Now you're can to share your completed flowchart with others. You can export (HTML, PowerPoint, MS Visio 2010, 2013) your visual result in a single click.
Flowchart Example created with ConceptDraw DIAGRAM flowchart software.
Pic 5. Approval process flowchart
This Flowchart was created in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM using the flowcharts solution. It shows the Steps to Partnership Flowchart Design. On this diagram were used the main flowchart symbols. The questions require the answers yes/no, it is necessary to make the decision that will determine the next step.
Use ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software with flowcharts Solution to design your own professional looking Flowcharts quick and easy.
Pic 6. Design your own professional looking flowchart (Macintosh® and Microsoft®).
(examples of Flowchart Design process with use of ConceptDraw DIAGRAM flowchart software)
All source documents are vector graphic documents. They are available for reviewing, modifying, or converting to a variety of formats (PDF file, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, and many other graphic formats) from the ConceptDraw STORE. The Flowcharts Solution is available for all ConceptDraw DIAGRAM users.