UML Flowchart Symbols
The Unified Modeling Language (UML) is an accepted standard, universal modeling language widely used in the field of software engineering and software development. Initially destined for the object-oriented documentation design, now it is used much more widely.
The UML is based on the notations of the Booch method, the object-modeling technique (OMT) and object-oriented software engineering (OOSE), and allows successfully visualize the blueprints and display a graphical view of software system's structure on the UML diagram, applying the common set of notations - UML flowchart symbols.
The UML diagram is a powerful tool which lets visually represent all system's components, the interactions between them and relationships with external user interface. Use of UML flowchart symbols helps easy represent the system's requirements and subsystems, logical and physical elements, structural and behavioral patterns.
There 14 types of UML diagrams, each of them has its own purpose:
- Class Diagram — diagram which represents the structure of a system showing the objects as classes with attributes, methods, and relationships among them.
- Component Diagram — diagram that depicts the system's components and how they are connected each other and form larger components and software systems.
- Composite Structure Diagram — diagram that illustrates the internal structure of a specific class and also collaborations with others classes and outside elements which are possible owing this structure.
- Deployment Diagram — diagram which models the physical deployment of artifacts (software) on nodes (hardware).
- Object Diagram — diagram which displays a system's overview at a particular moment of time.
- Package Diagram — diagram that shows the dependencies between the packages which compose a model.
- Profile Diagram — diagram which allows to show stereotypes as classes and profiles as packages at the metamodel level.
- Activity Diagram — diagram that graphically represents the steps in a software process as a workflow.
- State Machine Diagram — diagram which describes the system composed of a finite number of states and shows the current state of a machine.
- Use Case Diagram — diagram that depicts the interactions between users and the system, and different use cases in which the user is involved.
- Communication Diagram — diagram that displays the interactions between the objects in terms of a set of sequenced messages.
- Interaction Overview Diagram — diagram which describes a workflow through a system, the individual activities can contain the nested interaction diagrams.
- Sequence Diagram — diagram that depicts objects interactions in a specific time sequence.
- Timing Diagram — diagram that shows behaviours of a given set of objects throughout a certain period of time.
Part of these UML diagrams are behavior diagrams - they depict behaviors and interactions of various system's components, other part are static structure diagrams - they show the system's physical structure.
Design of UML digrams is often a complex process which requires powerful software, that's why the ability fast and easy create the UML diagrams of any type and complexity offered by ConceptDraw's Rapid UML solution from the Software Development area of ConceptDraw Solution Park makes the ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software the best choice for UML diagramming.
Example 1. UML Flowchart Symbols
The Rapid UML solution offers diversity of UML flowchart symbols for each from the existing UML diagrams types - 13 libraries with 393 vector objects from generally accepted UML notation.
UML Activity symbols library
UML Class Diagram symbols library
UML Communication Diagrams symbols library
UML Component symbols library
UML Composite Structure symbols library
UML Deployment symbols library
UML Interaction Overview symbols library
UML Object symbols library
UML Package symbols library
UML Sequence Diagram symbols library
UML State Machine Diagram symbols library
UML Timing symbols library
UML Use Case symbols library
Follow the next simple steps to design the UML diagram of any type of UML diagrams without efforts:
- drag the UML objects from the library which corresponds to your UML diagram type, add the text and arrange them on your document page;
Example 2. Adding UML objects
- connect the objects with connectors which appropriate for diagrams of selected type;
Example 3. Connecting UML objects
- add the text and color your diagram;
Example 4. UML Collaboration Diagram - Ticket Processing System
- you can also add the next object and automatically connect it with previous by clicking on its icon from the RapidDraw arrows, which pop up when you bring the mouse cursor over the object.
Example 5. Use of RapidDraw feature
The Rapid UML Solution provides also large quantity of predesigned templates and samples for each type of UML diagrams. All they are available from ConceptDraw STORE and can be used as the base for your UML diagrams.
UML Activity Diagram template
UML Activity Diagram (Swimlanes) template
UML Class Diagram template
UML Communication Diagram template
UML Component Diagram template
UML Composite Structure Diagram template
UML Deployment Diagram template
UML Interaction Overview Diagram template
UML Object Diagram template
UML Package Diagram template
UML Sequence Diagram template
UML State Machine Diagram template
UML Timing Diagram template
UML Use Case Diagram template
Use of template is the easiest way of drawing various diagrams and especially UML diagrams thanks to this multiplicity of professionally developed templates.
Example 6. Rapid UML Solution
The ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software is the best choice for easy drawing the UML diagrams thanks to the powerful drawing tools, collection of predesigned samples, examples, templates, and UML flowchart symbols.
Example 7. Export UML Diagram to Visio, PDF and PPT
Any UML Diagram created in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM can be then easy printed to share with colleagues, exported to various popular formats, including PPT, PDF, MS Visio, HTML, and many other graphic formats.
TEN RELATED HOW TO's:
Functional modeling allows to make complex business processes simple. One of the basic methods is IDEF0 and one of the most effective also. To create a business model, use flowchart symbols.
The IDEF0 library, supplied with ConceptDraw IDEF0 Diagrams solution contains 18 IDEF0 basic notation symbols. All symbols are the vector graphic images what means, that one can customize their size preserving the stable quality. Another library of IDEF0 symbols can be find out in the the Business Process Diagrams solution, included to the Business Processes section of ConceptDraw Solution Park. These libraries composed from just vector objects and are totally compatible. You can apply the IDEF0 symbols from both libraries at your flowcharts, if needed.
Picture: IDEF0 Flowchart Symbols
The excellent possibility to create attractive Cross Functional Flowcharts for step-by-step visualization the operations of a business process flow of any degree of detailing is offered by ConceptDraw’s Cross-Functional Flowcharts solution. The extensive selection of commonly used vector cross functional flowchart symbols allow you to demonstrate the document flow in organization, to represent each team member’s responsibilities and how processes get shared or transferred between different teams and departments.
Picture: Cross Functional Flowchart Symbols
ER-modeling nowadays is a very popular approach for database design. If you are tired of looking for a good entity relationship diagram Software for Mac, then your search is almost over. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM is a great tool for creating diagrams of any complexity with tons of editable samples and templates.
This diagram represents the vector library of the Chen’s and Crow’s Foot notation icons for drawing ERD (entity-relationships diagram). ConceptDraw Entity Relationship Diagram solution delivers the ability to visualize databases structure on both Mac and PC. The "bricks" entity-relationships models are the entity, and the relation. An entity is represented by a rectangle comprising the entity name. It means an object, information about which should be available and stored. A relation is intended to show a relations between two entities. There are several types of relations between entities. To show there are a number of different symbols for the types of relationships.
Picture: Entity Relationship Diagram Software for Mac
Color can be a very powerful tool when crafting images. Often, however, its usage is not justified.
Picture: Coloring Graphs
The Basketball Field library from the Basketball solution provides a complete set of ready-to-use predesigned vector courts: horizontally and vertically located, whole and half of court, colored and not, courts with views from different sides.
All courts objects are designed according to the real basketball courts dimensions. Simply drop the needed basketball field in the vector from the library to design your own basketball diagram.
Picture: Basketball Field in the Vector
Interior design is an art of planning and coordinating the space in a building or on a floor to produce a charming and convenient environment for the client. You can ask professionals for help, or you can create floor plans easily with ConceptDraw DIAGRAM , using diverse libraries or altering numerous templates. You don’t need no formal training anymore to be a designer, isn’t it great?
Using a ConceptDraw DIAGRAM floor plan software makes depicting of home or office layout ideas a simple task. It does not require special skills to make detailed and scaled floor plans. Adding furniture to design interior is also a breeze. You can draw and furnish your floor plans with a floor plan software. Moreover, using software for floor planning you gain an opportunity to share your plans and high-resolution images of your designs with clients or stakeholders.
Picture: Create Floor Plans Easily with ConceptDraw DIAGRAM
The Workflow diagrams are the specialized type of flowcharts which allow to visualize any sorts of step-by-step processes. They are usually created as flowcharts, with objects that represent in a simple visual manner the steps in the process connected by arrows that indicate the next step. The ability easily create Workflow diagrams visually describing the tasks, documents associated with the tasks, people which are responsible for execution at each stage of workflow is made possible with Workflow Diagrams solution. This solution extends ConceptDraw DIAGRAM with a Workflow Diagram library that contains large collection of predesigned workflow flowchart symbols.
Picture: Workflow Flowchart Symbols
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM extended with IDEF0 Diagrams solution from the Software Development area of ConceptDraw Solution Park is a powerful diagramming and vector drawing IDEF0 software. All IDEF0 diagrams created in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM are vector graphic documents and can be reviewed, modified and converted to MS Visio XML format. To obtain the IDEF0 Visio documents from ConceptDraw DIAGRAM documents use the wide export possibilities of ConceptDraw DIAGRAM.
Picture: IDEF0 Visio