Technical Flow Chart
Flow chart is a diagrammatic representation of an algorithm and essential part of planning the system. Flow charts are widely used in technical analysis and programming for easy writing programs and explaining them to others. So, one of the most popular type of flow charts is Technical Flow Chart.
Technical flow chart is constructed from the set of commonly used elements. Different elements are used for different states in flow chart.
The list of technical flow chart elements includes:
- rectangle - is used for representing a process,
- rounded box - is used to represent start and end of flow chart,
- diamond - is used to represent a decision, the operation which has two alternatives - true or false,
- parallelogram - is used for input/output operations,
- circle - is used to join a flowchart with another flow.
All these elements are connected by arrows in the needed order on the technical flow diagram.
Example 1. Design Elements. Technical Flow Chart for Apple OS X and Windows
Benefits of Technical Flow Chart
The Technical Flow Chart has a wide set of benefits:
- gives a clear documentation of a process;
- allows to define and offers common understanding of processes;
- helps to build a process visual representation for analysis, discussion, and communication;
- allows to identify the scope of the process;
- allows to trace and analyze the process steps;
- helps to standardize and find areas for monitoring, improvement and increased efficiency in a process;
- allows to find and detach the steps of the process that are not essential;
- helps in understanding the logic of complex problems;
- offers a guidance for managers overseeing operations;
- facilitates communication between programmers and business people;
- helps programmers to write the programs of any complexity and on the any high level language;
- helps in debugging process and provides efficient program maintenance;
- helps to understand and explain to other people the logic of the complex problems and their solution;
- assists to improve teamwork effectiveness.
Technical Flow Chart Software
Technical Flow Chart can be drawn by pencil on the paper, but it will be easier to use for designing a special software. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software extended with Flowcharts Solution from the "Diagrams" Area of ConceptDraw Solution Park will be useful for this goal.
Flowcharts Solution provides variety of flow chart and flow chart business samples, Flowchart and Flowcharts Rapid Draw libraries with set of design elements for quick and easy designing various Flow Charts, including of course such type as a Technical Flow Chart.
One of the fastest way of drawing is to use the predesigned flow chart template as the basis. Basic Flowchart template is included in Flowcharts Solution.
Example 2. Basic Flowchart Template
This template was created in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software specially for Flowcharts solution. It is available for ConceptDraw DIAGRAM users from ConceptDraw STORE.
Use the Flowcharts Solution for ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software to create flow diagrams and your own Technical Flow Chart without efforts.
All source documents are vector graphic documents. They are available for reviewing, modifying, or converting to a variety of formats (PDF file, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, and many other graphic formats) from the ConceptDraw STORE. The Flowcharts Solution is available for all ConceptDraw DIAGRAM or later users.