Scrum process work items and workflow
Scrum is a popular iterative and incremental agile framework for managing product and software development. For planning a project, tracking the defects, bugs, work and blocking issues when developing software, viewing and reporting a progress, the teams working with Scrum methodology use the product backlog items (PBIs), bug work item types (WITs), reports and dashboards. When defining a product backlog item, you can focus on the value which will be received by your customers without description how this will be achieved. Working in sprints, the teams can define tasks which automatically link to PBIs and bugs.
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM v12 diagramming and vector drawing software extended with SCRUM Workflow solution from the Project Management area of ConceptDraw Solution Park offers collection of samples, variety of predesigned objects, clipart and graphic elements, a set of Scrum process work items and workflow which are developed for agile teams working using Scrum.
SCRUM Workflow Solution was specially designed to give you the opportunity to create Scrum diagrams and charts, visualize scrum processes and scrum workflow without efforts. Simply create new document and drag the needed objects from the libraries of SCRUM Workflow Solution to make your own professional looking and successful diagram or infographic.
8 libraries of the SCRUM Workflow Solution contain 276 objects, all they are vector and ready-to-use.
Pay special attention for the Scrum Charts library which offers 4 live objects:
- Release burndown chart - lets conviently track the progress on a Scrum project.
- Release velocity chart - helps to determine how many points worth of work can be completed per sprint for a given team.
- Sprint burndown chart - is used to track the product development effort remaining in a sprint.
- Team velocity chart - depicts the effort for a specific team against multiple sprints and multiple releases to compare team capacity against performance.
How to Create a Burndown Chart
Using the predesigned Scrum charts objects you can create your own chart in minutes - drag desired object from the library to your document, simply enter the values and they will be reflected instantly on the chart.
- Start a new document.
- Set a page orientation via File menu - Page Setup.
- From a Scrum charts library take a Sprint burndown chart object
- Enlarge the graph using sharp handle.
- Rename table columns headings.
- Related names on the graph will change automatically.
- Use object action menu.
- Set the needed quantity of points for the graph.
- For this case it is equal to the quantity of days from March 3rd to April 7th.
- For handful usage, move the table to a free space on the page.
- To do so, use a yellow control dot.
- Fill a table with data.
- To select a cell, click a few times on it.
- Use object action menu.
- Set the increment for Y axis.
- Use object action menu.
- Set the maximum value for Y axis.
- That value can't be less than a maximum number indicated in the table.
- Select a cell Real, select a Color menu.
- Set a color for the header cell.
- The color of the line graph and legend data will update automatically, as these parameters are connected.
- Use object action menu.
- Hide the table with data, you don't need it anymore.
- Stretch the graph adjusting it to the page size.
- Move the legend under the graph using a yellow control dot.
- Use layers inspector.
- Rename the second layer and set it as active.
- Lock the previous layer for editing.
- Use a rectangle from Drawing Shapes library.
- Stretch it out to the page size.
- Change the color.
- Open Fill color menu of Fill inspector.
- Uncheck the stroke for perimeter rectangle.
- Send it to Back using context menu.
- Open Layers inspector.
- Set the first layer as active.
- Lock the background layer for editing.
- If transparent graph lines dissapeared on the background, use a rectangle again.
- Set the needed size, select the graph by clicking on its components.
- Send the graph to Front.
- Select the graph object.
- Open line inspector.
- Set the line pattern to a solid one.
- Your document is ready!
- Save it and export to another format if needed.
The possibility of exporting to variety of popular graphical formats (PNG, JPEG, JPG, GIF, TIF, TIFF, BMP, DIB, EMF, SVG) and file formats, such as Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe Acrobat (PDF), Microsoft Visio (VDX, VSDX), Adobe Flash (SWF), Encapsulated PostScript (EPS), HTML, opens wide opportunities for you.
Video. How to Create a Burndown Chart (1min 08sec)
Use the tools of the SCRUM Workflow Solution for ConceptDraw DIAGRAM v12 to create your own professional looking Scrum diagrams, represent scrum process work items and workflow fast, easy and effective.
TEN RELATED HOW TO's:
ScrumWhat is Scrum? Scrum is the famous agile software development methodology which depicts an iterative and incremental approach for the work on the complex projects. Use ConceptDraw DIAGRAM v12 diagramming and vector drawing software extended with SCRUM Workflow solution to draw various types of professional-looking Scrum Charts, Scrum Workflow Diagrams, Scrum Mind Maps, Scrum boards and attractive Scrum Infographics.
Agile MethodologyAgile methodology is an excellent alternative to waterfall and traditional sequential development. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM v12 software extended with SCRUM Workflow solution is ideal for quick and easy designing various diagrams, charts, mind maps and schematics illustrating software development using Agile methodologies, and in particular Scrum methodology.
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM v12 Database Modeling SoftwareConceptDraw DIAGRAM v12 is a very easy-to-use and intuitive database design tool which can save you hundreds of work hours. See database diagram samples created with ConceptDraw DIAGRAM v12 database modeling database diagram software.
Cross-Functional FlowchartThere are many tools to manage a process or to illustrate an algorithm or a workflow. Flowcharting is one of those tools. However, it may be difficult to show complex processes that require multiple attributes or several people in a simple flowchart, so a cross-functional flowchart would be a solution for that situation. To create such flowchart, group processes and steps to labeled rows or columns, and divide those groups with horizontal or vertical parallel lines. It is worth mentioning that there are different types of cross-functional flowcharts, like opportunity or deployment flowchart. This diagram shows a cross-functional flowchart that was made for a trading process. It contains 14 processes, distributed through 5 lines depicting the participants who interact with the process. Also there are connectors that show the data flow of information between processes. The cross-functional flowchart displays a detailed model of the trading process, as well as all participants in the process and how they interact with each other. The lines in the flowchart indicates the position, department and role of the trading process participants.
Network Glossary DefinitionWhen talking about engineering, one should define all the terms used, so anybody could understand the topic. Typical network glossary contains definitions of numerous network appliances, types of networks and cable systems. The understanding of basic is crucial for server management, network administration and investigating problems. The network glossary defines terms related to networking and communications. The most of glossary items has their visual representation in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM v12 libraries of the Computer Network Diagrams solution. This illustration presents a local area network (LAN) diagram. It designed to show the way the interaction of network devices in a local network. The diagram uses a library containing symbols of network equipment, connections and the end-point devices such as network printer, hubs, server, modem and finally computers (PC, mac, laptop). This diagram depicts a physical LAN topology.
Basic DiagrammingCreate flowcharts, organizational charts, bar charts, line graphs, and more with ConceptDraw DIAGRAM v12
Linux Audit Flowchart Example. Flowchart ExamplesCreate your own Linux audit flowcharts using the ConceptDraw DIAGRAM v12 diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Audit Flowcharts solution from the Finance and Accounting area of ConceptDraw Solution Park. This flowchart example describing auditd, the linux audit tool.
Chemistry Drawing SoftwareConceptDraw DIAGRAM v12 extended with Chemistry solution from the Science and Education area is a powerful chemistry drawing software that provides the useful tools to help you design all kinds of chemistry drawings and illustrations, chemical schemes and diagrams of formulas, reaction schemes and lab set-ups of any complexity.
How to draw Metro Map style infographics? Moscow, New York, Los Angeles, LondonThe solution handles designs of any complexity, and the comprehensive library covers all key aspects of a transportation system. To further enhance your map design, there is the option to embed links, that can display station images or other relevant, important information. We have also included a set of samples in the solution, that show the possible real-world application вЂ” complex tube systems including the London Tube and New York City Subway show the level of detail possible when using the Metro Map Solution.
Sales Teams are Inherently CompetitiveSales teams are inherently competitive, so you don't need to invent extra ways to stimulate the competition. At the same time, you can provide the team with a sales dashboard shows company, team and personal KPI to make the competition clear.
Related How To's
- Agile Methodology
- ConceptDraw DIAGRAM v12 Database Modeling Software
- Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Network Glossary Definition
- Basic Diagramming
- Linux Audit Flowchart Example.
- Chemistry Drawing Software
- How to draw Metro Map style infographics?
Moscow, New York, Los Angeles, London
- Sales Teams are Inherently Competitive