How to Create Gantt Chart
To begin managing a new project, you will need to define the individual Tasks that must be completed to deliver it. The default view for a new project in ConceptDraw PROJECT is the Gantt Chart.
The left pane of a Gantt chart displays a list of project Tasks. The right pane displays a calendar and timeline of those tasks.
Pic. 1. ConceptDraw PROJECT - Gantt chart view.
- The first step in planning a new project is to create a list of the different tasks and phases in your project. There are several ways to add tasks to your Gantt Chart. The simplest way it to press the Add button on the toolbar. You can also press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- The Gantt Chart table has columns for all of your project data, like task name, start and finish dates, duration, and completion level. Name the Task, and assign its duration. You can do so by double-clicking on the fields in the left pane of the Gantt chart, and then typing on your keyboard. Or simply drag and drop your tasks in the right pane of the Gantt chart to where you want them.
- You can also easily change a task’s start and finish dates. Either manually enter the data into the table, or drag the edge of the task to lengthen or shrink it in the graphical timeline view.
- Group Tasks into Phases. Use the Indent button create project phases on the Home toolbar to subordinate a Task, thereby making the dominant item into a Phase.
- To establish a relationship between Tasks, select two or more Tasks on the Gantt chart, and then click the Link button to link project tasks on the toolbar.
- The Gantt Chart also allows you to indicate a task’s priority level. Task colors can be used to highlight your tasks to draw attention to certain sections of your project.
You can also learn how to further manage the project task list.
Schedule projects using a Gantt chart:
- Assess time characteristics to a project.
- Show the task order.
- Define resources involved.
- Display links between scheduled tasks.
Plan projects using a Gantt chart:
- Monitor project completion.
- Display results of changes made to task activities.
- Show links and relationships between scheduled tasks.
TEN RELATED HOW TO's:
Collaboration Software helps to transform shared MINDMAP documents to build an effective team collaboration.
Picture: How To Use Collaboration Software
Video tutorials on ConceptDraw products. Try it today!
Picture: How to Draw a Bubble Chart
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software offers the Timeline Diagrams solution from the Management area which is rich for the timeline examples, samples, templates and ready-to-use vector shapes.
Picture: Timeline Examples
Sentence a grammatical unit of several words, and provides a narrative, question, comment, etc. It begins with a capital letter and ends with proper punctuation. Sentence diagramming allows you to visually present the sentence part function, which helps you build right sentences. Language Learning solution offers the Sentence Diagrams Library with set of vector stencils for drawing various Sentence Diagrams, for visualizing grammatical structures that will assist you in language learning and construction of grammatically correct sentences. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming software extended with Language Learning solution from the Science and Education area provides the powerful sentence diagraming tools.
Picture: Sentence Diagrammer
A concept map is a way of representing relationships between ideas, images, or words.
How to draw a Concept Map quick, easy and effective? ConceptDraw DIAGRAM offers the unique Concept Maps Solution from the "Diagrams" Area that will help you!
Picture: Concept Map
ConceptDraw Column Chart software allows drawing column charts using predesigned objects or drawing tools. In ConceptDraw Column Chart software you can find a complete set of column chart tools and objects.
Picture: Column Chart Software
Activity Network and Project Evaluation and Review Technique, or PERT, charts are a way of documenting and analyzing the tasks in a project.
This diagram is constructed as part of the process in creating a schedule of corrective actions. The Activity Network Chart (PERT) shows the logical connections and consequence of tasks to be performed. It displays the time period for problem solving and the implementation of all activities through the critical path.
Picture: Activity Network (PERT) Chart
ConceptDraw the easy flowchart software that gives users the ability to draw any type of flowcharts. Fast visualization of the structured data with the vector stencils from object libraries by using RapidDraw technology.
Picture: Easy Flowchart Software