How to Create Gantt Chart
To begin managing a new project, you will need to define the individual Tasks that must be completed to deliver it. The default view for a new project in ConceptDraw PROJECT is the Gantt Chart.
The left pane of a Gantt chart displays a list of project Tasks. The right pane displays a calendar and timeline of those tasks.
Pic. 1. ConceptDraw PROJECT - Gantt chart view.
- The first step in planning a new project is to create a list of the different tasks and phases in your project. There are several ways to add tasks to your Gantt Chart. The simplest way it to press the Add button on the toolbar. You can also press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- The Gantt Chart table has columns for all of your project data, like task name, start and finish dates, duration, and completion level. Name the Task, and assign its duration. You can do so by double-clicking on the fields in the left pane of the Gantt chart, and then typing on your keyboard. Or simply drag and drop your tasks in the right pane of the Gantt chart to where you want them.
- You can also easily change a task’s start and finish dates. Either manually enter the data into the table, or drag the edge of the task to lengthen or shrink it in the graphical timeline view.
- Group Tasks into Phases. Use the Indent button create project phases on the Home toolbar to subordinate a Task, thereby making the dominant item into a Phase.
- To establish a relationship between Tasks, select two or more Tasks on the Gantt chart, and then click the Link button to link project tasks on the toolbar.
- The Gantt Chart also allows you to indicate a task’s priority level. Task colors can be used to highlight your tasks to draw attention to certain sections of your project.
You can also learn how to further manage the project task list.
Schedule projects using a Gantt chart:
- Assess time characteristics to a project.
- Show the task order.
- Define resources involved.
- Display links between scheduled tasks.
Plan projects using a Gantt chart:
- Monitor project completion.
- Display results of changes made to task activities.
- Show links and relationships between scheduled tasks.
TEN RELATED HOW TO's:
Create bar charts for business management problem solving and data comparison using the ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Bar Graphs Solution from the Graphs and Charts area of ConceptDraw Solition Park.
Picture: Bar Diagrams for Problem Solving.Create business management bar charts with Bar Graphs Solution
Creating and organizing presentations, structuring received presentations, presenting mind maps, and preparing for public presenting.
Picture: How to Deliver Presentations using Mind Maps
Competitor analysis is a first and obligatory step in elaboration the proper corporate marketing strategy and creating sustainable competitive advantage. Use powerful opportunities of numerous solutions from ConceptDraw Solution Park for designing illustrative diagrams, charts, matrices which are necessary for effective competitor analysis.
Picture: Competitor Analysis
Big and complex projects sometimes need some simplification of plans and schedules. That's why Program Evaluation and Review Technique was invented and first implemented in 1958. You can create PERT diagrams effortlessly with ConceptDraw DIAGRAM and share them with your colleagues.
Program Evaluation Review Technique (PERT) is a method that is used to assess and analyze projects. PERT is a valuable tool for the project management practice. PERT gives an assessment and analysis of the time needed to the project completion. A PERT chart is a visual tool that delivers a graphical view of a project timeline. It is used to display the sequences and dependences of project tasks necessary to complete a project. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM delivers the possibility to build a PERT along with other diagrams applied to assist management process by using its Seven Management and Planning Tools solution.
Picture: Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) with ConceptDraw DIAGRAM
This template shows the Venn Diagram. It was created in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software using the ready-to-use objects from the Business Diagrams Solution from the Management area of ConceptDraw Solution Park.
Venn Diagrams visualize all possible logical intersections between several sets and are widely used in mathematics, logic, statistics, marketing, sociology, etc.
Picture: 3 Circle Venn Diagram. Venn Diagram Example
Gant Chart is a graphical representation of tasks as segments on a time scale. It helps plan and monitor project development or resource allocation. The horizontal axis is a time scale, expressed either in absolute or relative time.
Picture: Gant Chart in Project Management