How to Create Gantt Chart
To begin managing a new project, you will need to define the individual Tasks that must be completed to deliver it. The default view for a new project in ConceptDraw PROJECT is the Gantt Chart.
The left pane of a Gantt chart displays a list of project Tasks. The right pane displays a calendar and timeline of those tasks.
Pic. 1. ConceptDraw PROJECT - Gantt chart view.
- The first step in planning a new project is to create a list of the different tasks and phases in your project. There are several ways to add tasks to your Gantt Chart. The simplest way it to press the Add button on the toolbar. You can also press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- The Gantt Chart table has columns for all of your project data, like task name, start and finish dates, duration, and completion level. Name the Task, and assign its duration. You can do so by double-clicking on the fields in the left pane of the Gantt chart, and then typing on your keyboard. Or simply drag and drop your tasks in the right pane of the Gantt chart to where you want them.
- You can also easily change a task’s start and finish dates. Either manually enter the data into the table, or drag the edge of the task to lengthen or shrink it in the graphical timeline view.
- Group Tasks into Phases. Use the Indent button create project phases on the Home toolbar to subordinate a Task, thereby making the dominant item into a Phase.
- To establish a relationship between Tasks, select two or more Tasks on the Gantt chart, and then click the Link button to link project tasks on the toolbar.
- The Gantt Chart also allows you to indicate a task’s priority level. Task colors can be used to highlight your tasks to draw attention to certain sections of your project.
You can also learn how to further manage the project task list.
Schedule projects using a Gantt chart:
- Assess time characteristics to a project.
- Show the task order.
- Define resources involved.
- Display links between scheduled tasks.
Plan projects using a Gantt chart:
- Monitor project completion.
- Display results of changes made to task activities.
- Show links and relationships between scheduled tasks.
TEN RELATED HOW TO's:
Cisco icons are globally recognized and generally accepted as standard for network icon topologies. The ConceptDraw vector stencils library "Cisco buildings" contains 21 symbols for drawing the computer network diagrams using the ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software.
Picture: Cisco Buildings. Cisco icons, shapes, stencils and symbols
To draw SysML diagrams use the ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Rapid UML solution from the Software Development area of ConceptDraw Solution Park.
Picture: SysML Diagram
Timeline is a type of diagram which illustrates the series of events in a chronological order on a linear timescale. How to make a timeline? It is convenient to use a modern powerful software. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software extended with Timeline Diagrams solution from the Management area is exactly what you need.
Picture: How to Make a Timeline
Communication is the main challenge and the key success factor for remote project management. Communicating visually via Skype you bring all team and customers onto the one page.
Remote Presentation for Skype solution for ConceptDraw MINDMAP helps communicate with remote team and customers in visual manner on wide range of issues. Using this solution for regular status meetings allows you to push your team on tasks and keep task statuses up to date.
Picture: Communication Tool for Remote Project Management
Any information system receives data flows from external sources. In order to visualize them there is a list of data flow diagram symbols that describes how the system components cooperate. If you want to create a data flow diagram, ConceptDraw DIAGRAM Solution Park has DFD Library that contains both Yourdon and Gane-Sarson notations.
This figure shows the content of vector libraries, delivered with ConceptDraw solution for data flow diagram (DFD). There are three libraries composed from about 50 vector objects used to make data flow diagrams.
They include a complete set of objects utilized by Yourdon-Coad and Gane-Sarson notations - two primary notations that are apply for data flow diagramming. Also, one can discover additional "Data flow diagram (DFD)" library that provides a data flow diagram elements for designing level 1 and context-level data flow diagrams.
Picture: Data Flow Diagram Symbols. DFD Library
An advanced tool for creating presentations, if you decide to represent data without spending hours on that.
Picture: Best Software for Making Presentations
Any business process consists from a number of tasks carrying out the certain business goal. It is useful to diagram business processes to ensure that they are as foolproof, logical and sequential as possible. This business process diagram describes a typical booking process flow by the example of a cab booking process. It can be used as a roadmap for any booking system implementation. Diagramming a business process allows you to look at the entire project and take into account all types of possible scenarios. Business process diagram helps you investigate and clarify the process thoroughly so that you can find out how it can be improved. Business process diagram supports team communications by ensuring that each process element is clear and everyone in the team is on the same page.
Sometimes your company brings you less profit than you expect it to be, and it’s difficult to reveal the causes. Maybe it’s time to learn new technologies, because business diagram are easily developed by means of special software, so you won’t make any extra effort. In return, you will increase your productivity and get more done in a less time.
Picture: Business Diagram Software
It is very difficult to get into database model idea without any examples. To create one, you can use Chen’s notation for Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD) and try to see all the peculiarities yourself. This notation describes entities and relations as basic geometric shapes like rectangles and diamonds.
Chen notation for Entity-relationship diagrams is used for designing relational databases. It depicts the database entities as a set of subjects. For example events, people, ideas, etc. All entities has common characteristics (attributes). Any object of the system is identified as the sole and unique. The name of entity should indicate the class or type of the the whole object, not a given example. The connection commonly represents a relationship between entities. Conceptdraw Entity-Relationship Diagrams (ERD) solution provides the libraries with ready-to-use ERD element fitting Chen's notation objects and relationships.
Picture: Design Element: Chen for Entity Relationship Diagram - ERD