Local area network (LAN). Computer and Network Examples
A local area network (LAN) is a devices network that connect with each other in the scope of a home, school, laboratory, or office. Usually, a LAN comprise computers and peripheral devices linked to a local domain server. All network appliances can use a shared printers or disk storage. A local area network serve for many hundreds of users. Typically, LAN includes many wires and cables that demand a previously designed network diagram. They are used by IT professionals to visually document the LANs physical structure and arrangement.
The Network Logical Structure Diagram is designed to show the logical organization of a network. Shows the basic network components, network structure, and determines the interaction of all network devices. The diagram displays basic devices and zones: Internet, DMZ, LAN, and group. Clarifies what network equipment is connected, describes the major nodes in the network, gives an understanding of the logical structure of the network as well as the type of interaction within the network.
Local Area Network Diagrams visualize the communication schemes of LAN, and the networks arrangement in houses, offices and buildings. They are used by IT professionals to visually document the LANs physical structure and arrangement.
How to draw Local Area Network Diagram
ConceptDraw has 1004 vector stencils in the 40 libraries that helps you to start using software for designing your own Local Area Network Diagrams. You can use the appropriate templates and stencils from Computer and Network Diagrams objects library.
- Computer Network library, contains 29 icon symbols of devices and equipment. Use these shapes for drawing LAN, MAN and WAN diagrams at physical and logical levels, network architecture, topology, wiring and layout schematic and plans.
- Computer peripheral devices library, contains 20 icon symbols of computer peripheral devices. Use these equipment shapes for drawing network diagrams.
- Computers and network isometric library, contains 56 3D icon symbols of computer and network devices. Use these equipment shapes for drawing diagrams of computer and telecommunication networks, LAN, MAN and WAN architecture, physical and logical topology, wiring schematic and cabling layout plans.
- External digital devices library, contains 15 icon symbols. Use these equipment shapes for drawing computer network diagrams.
- Internet symbols library, contains 11 icons of equipment symbols. Use these Web shapes for drawing computer network diagrams.
- Logical network diagram library, contains 16 icon symbols. Use these shapes for drawing logical computer network topology diagrams.
- Logical symbols library, contains 38 icons of logical symbols. Use these shapes for drawing logical computer network topology diagrams.
- Network hardware library, contains 27 icon symbols of network hardware. Use these shapes for drawing computer network diagrams.
Pic 1. Computer and Network Diagrams template and symbols for designing local area network (LAN) diagrams
- Using a comprehensive set of graphics covering all elements of computer networking for designing local area network (LAN) diagrams.
Pic 2. Designing local area network (LAN) diagram
The samples you see on this page were created in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM using the Computer Network Diagrams solution, and they demonstrate some of the solution's capabilities and the results you can achieve.
Example 1. Local area network (LAN). Computer and Network Examples
Computer Network Diagrams solution contains samples, templates and libraries of network icons that will help you create professional-looking network diagrams quickly and easily.
Example 2. Physical LAN Topology Diagram. Computer and Network Examples
With help of ConceptDraw DIAGRAM application you can make any desired computer and network diagrams using the existing examples from Solution Park for making very special professionally looking charts. Try it now to simplify your work in IT and design!
TEN RELATED HOW TO's:
Draw Company Structure Diagram - get the detailed information about the company structure and hierarchy - who execute what tasks and who is in charge at this company. This information shows the reasoning and success of business and is indispensable for investors and financial institutions.