How to create a UML Diagram
The Rapid UML Solution from the Software Development area of ConceptDraw Solution Park helps you to create all types of the UML 2.x and 1.x diagrams quick and easy using ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software.
The Rapid UML Solution contains 13 vector stencils libraries with 393 interactive shapes that you can use to design your UML diagrams.
For example, let’s create a Class Diagram.
- Open the UML Class Diagram library from the tree in the left side panel Libraries by simple click on his name.
- Drag and drop the shape from the library to your document.
- Select the shape by mouse click. The Action menu icon appears near the right top corner of the selected shape.
- Open the Action menu by click on the icon.
- Use the Action menu commands:
- Suppress Attributes, Suppress Operations, Suppress Responsibilities to suppress the corresponding fields.
- Hide Attributes, Hide Operations, Hide Responsibilities to hide / show the corresponding fields.
- Add Interface, Add More Interface, Remove Interface to add / remove interfaces.
- Select next shape to connect using Rapid Draw feature:
- Put cursor on one of 4 directional arrows around the selected shape. The column of shape icons will appear.
- To add and connect new shape to the selected shape simply click on the corresponding shape icon.
- Rapid Draw feature will automatically add the new shape and connect it to the selected shape.
- You can also use special types of connectors from the library.
- Drag and drop any connector from the library to your diagram.
To connect any two shapes with this connector drag and drop his end points to the centers of the shapes.
- To add or edit shape label, select the shape by mouse click, then type in your label text.
Example. UML Class Diagramm - Metadata Information Model
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM extended with the Rapid UML solution is perfect for drawing professional UML diagrams.
TEN RELATED HOW TO's:
UML Diagrams Social Networking Sites Project. This sample was created in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software using the UML Use Case Diagram library of the Rapid UML Solution from the Software Development area of ConceptDraw Solution Park.
This sample shows the Facebook Socio-health system and is used at the projection and creating of the social networking sites.
Picture: UML Use Case Diagram Example. Social Networking Sites Project
The popularity of visual content marketing grows day by day. So now simple and convenient designing of professional looking Content Marketing Infographics becomes increasingly actual. For achievement this goal ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software offers the Marketing Infographics Solution from the Business Infographics Area.
Picture: Content Marketing Infographics
When searching for a diagramming tool, we look for a powerful and reliable software that would be easy to use. To mention one, ConceptDraw DIAGRAM has all the necessary features to create cross-functional flowcharts (Swim Lanes) quick and effortlessly. You can draw swim lane diagrams in both vertical and horizontal ways.
This cross-functional flowchart displays a payroll process. It explains to each participant his role in the process depending on the category, represented with swimlanes. Using this flowchart, every employee can easily find out what he can expect in terms of salary. Generally a cross-functional diagram enables one to take a look at processes with a wider scope and with more precision than simple flowchart. Business process capturing using cross-functional flowcharts can be useful for stakeholders and managers to define clearly the staff's roles and responsibilities.
Picture: Cross-Functional Flowchart (Swim Lanes)
Electrical plan is a document that is developed during the first stage of the building design. This scheme is composed of conventional images or symbols of components that operate by means of electric energy. To simplify the creation of these schemes you can use house electrical plan software, which will not require a long additional training to understand how to use it. You only need to install the necessary software ant it’s libraries and you’ll have one less problem during the building projection.
Any building contains a number of electrical systems, including switches, fixtures, outlets and other lightening equipment. All these should be depicted in a building electrical plans and included to general building documentation. This home electrical plan displays electrical and telecommunication devices placed to a home floor plan. On the plan, each electrical device is referenced with the proper symbol. Electrical symbols are used for universal recognition of the building plan by different persons who will be working on the construction. Not all possible electric symbols used on a certain plan, so the symbols used in the current home plan are included to a legend. The electrical home plan may be added as a separate document to a complete set of building plans.
Picture: How To use House Electrical Plan Software
Zooko's triangle is known to be a trilemma which is a concept in international economics which states that it is impossible to have a fixed foreign exchange rate, a free capital movement and an independent monetary policy at the same time.
Picture: Pyramid Diagram
Human resources is the set of individuals who make up the workforce of an organization, business sector, or economy. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software extended with unique HR Flowcharts Solution from the Management Area of ConceptDraw Solution Park is the best for designing various flowcharts and diagrams in the field of human resources management.
Picture: Human Resources