How to create a UML Diagram
The Rapid UML Solution from the Software Development area of ConceptDraw Solution Park helps you to create all types of the UML 2.x and 1.x diagrams quick and easy using ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software.
The Rapid UML Solution contains 13 vector stencils libraries with 393 interactive shapes that you can use to design your UML diagrams.
For example, let’s create a Class Diagram.
- Open the UML Class Diagram library from the tree in the left side panel Libraries by simple click on his name.
- Drag and drop the shape from the library to your document.
- Select the shape by mouse click. The Action menu icon appears near the right top corner of the selected shape.
- Open the Action menu by click on the icon.
- Use the Action menu commands:
- Suppress Attributes, Suppress Operations, Suppress Responsibilities to suppress the corresponding fields.
- Hide Attributes, Hide Operations, Hide Responsibilities to hide / show the corresponding fields.
- Add Interface, Add More Interface, Remove Interface to add / remove interfaces.
- Select next shape to connect using Rapid Draw feature:
- Put cursor on one of 4 directional arrows around the selected shape. The column of shape icons will appear.
- To add and connect new shape to the selected shape simply click on the corresponding shape icon.
- Rapid Draw feature will automatically add the new shape and connect it to the selected shape.
- You can also use special types of connectors from the library.
- Drag and drop any connector from the library to your diagram.
To connect any two shapes with this connector drag and drop his end points to the centers of the shapes.
- To add or edit shape label, select the shape by mouse click, then type in your label text.
Example. UML Class Diagramm - Metadata Information Model
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM extended with the Rapid UML solution is perfect for drawing professional UML diagrams.
TEN RELATED HOW TO's:
An abstract representation is usually the first thing you will need while developing a database. To understand the ways that databases are structured, you should look through entity-relationship diagram examples and see the notations features and attributes. With an entity-relationship model you can describe a database of any complexity.
This Entity-relationship diagram is a tool for software developers. It enables every element of database to be managed, communicated and tested before release. This ERD was created using symbols advocated by Chen's notation. Because of a linguistic origin of the Chen’s notation, the boxes representing entities could be interpreted as nouns, and the relationships between them are in verb form, shown on a diagram as a diamond.
Picture: Entity Relationship Diagram Examples
In software engineering, a UML Class Diagrams is a type of static structure diagram that is used both for general conceptual modeling of the systematics of the application, and for detailed modeling translating the models into programming code.
Use ConceptDraw DIAGRAM with UML class diagram templates, samples and stencil library from Rapid UML solution to show the classes of system, their attributes, operations or methods, and the relationships among the classes.
Picture: UML Class Diagrams. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM - Diagramming Software for Design UML Diagrams
This sample was created in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software using the UML Activity Diagram library of the Rapid UML Solution from the Software Development area of ConceptDraw Solution Park.
Picture: UML 2 4 Process Flow Diagram
ConceptDraw Pyramid Diagram software allows drawing column charts using predesigned objects or drawing tools. In ConceptDraw Pyramid Diagram software you can find a complete set of column chart tools and objects.
Picture: How to Create a Pyramid Diagram
UML Activity Diagram illustrates the business and operational step-by-step workflows of components in a system and shows the overall flow of control. You can use the appropriate stencils of UML notation from UML Activity library with 37 objects. ConceptDraw is ideal for software designers and software developers who need to draw UML Activity Diagrams.
Use ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software enhanced with Rapid UML solution from ConceptDraw Solution Park to create your own UML activity diagrams that show the business and operational workflows of components and overall flow of control in your systems. Such software provides coloring UML diagrams for various purposes and simplifying work of the engineers.
Picture: UML Activity Diagram
UML Component Diagram illustrates show components are wired together to larger components and software systems that shows the structure of arbitrarily complex systems.
Rapid UML Solution for ConceptDraw DIAGRAM contains 13 vector stencils libraries with 393 interactive shapes that you can use to design your UML diagrams.
To design a Component Diagram use the UML Component Diagram library.
UML Component Diagram library contains 36 shapes
Picture: UML Component Diagram. Design Elements
UML Apartment Plan. This sample was created in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software using the UML Class Diagram library of the Rapid UML Solution from the Software Development area of ConceptDraw Solution Park.
This sample show the detailed plan of the apartment and is used by building companies, design apartments, real estate agencies, at the buying / selling of the realty.
Picture: UML Class Diagram Example - Apartment Plan
The vector stencils library UML Use Case contains specific symbols of the UML notation such as actors, actions, associations and relationships for the ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software. This library is contained in the Rapid UML solution from Software Development area of ConceptDraw Solution Park.
Picture: Jacobson Use Cases Diagram