How to create a UML Diagram
The Rapid UML Solution from the Software Development area of ConceptDraw Solution Park helps you to create all types of the UML 2.x and 1.x diagrams quick and easy using ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software.
The Rapid UML Solution contains 13 vector stencils libraries with 393 interactive shapes that you can use to design your UML diagrams.
For example, let’s create a Class Diagram.
- Open the UML Class Diagram library from the tree in the left side panel Libraries by simple click on his name.
- Drag and drop the shape from the library to your document.
- Select the shape by mouse click. The Action menu icon appears near the right top corner of the selected shape.
- Open the Action menu by click on the icon.
- Use the Action menu commands:
- Suppress Attributes, Suppress Operations, Suppress Responsibilities to suppress the corresponding fields.
- Hide Attributes, Hide Operations, Hide Responsibilities to hide / show the corresponding fields.
- Add Interface, Add More Interface, Remove Interface to add / remove interfaces.
- Select next shape to connect using Rapid Draw feature:
- Put cursor on one of 4 directional arrows around the selected shape. The column of shape icons will appear.
- To add and connect new shape to the selected shape simply click on the corresponding shape icon.
- Rapid Draw feature will automatically add the new shape and connect it to the selected shape.
- You can also use special types of connectors from the library.
- Drag and drop any connector from the library to your diagram.
To connect any two shapes with this connector drag and drop his end points to the centers of the shapes.
- Drag and drop any connector from the library to your diagram. To connect any two shapes with this connector drag and drop his end points to the centers of the shapes.
- To add or edit shape label, select the shape by mouse click, then type in your label text.
Example. UML Class Diagramm - Metadata Information Model
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM extended with the Rapid UML solution is perfect for drawing professional UML diagrams.
NINE RELATED HOW TO's:
Network Glossary Definition →When talking about engineering, one should define all the terms used, so anybody could understand the topic. Typical network glossary contains definitions of numerous network appliances, types of networks and cable systems. The understanding of basic is crucial for server management, network administration and investigating problems. The network glossary defines terms related to networking and communications. The most of glossary items has their visual representation in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM libraries of the Computer Network Diagrams solution. This illustration presents a local area network (LAN) diagram. It designed to show the way the interaction of network devices in a local network. The diagram uses a library containing symbols of network equipment, connections and the end-point devices such as network printer, hubs, server, modem and finally computers (PC, mac, laptop). This diagram depicts a physical LAN topology.
Picture: Network Glossary Definition
Cisco IBM. Cisco icons, shapes, stencils and symbols →The ConceptDraw vector stencils library Cisco IBM contains equipment symbols for drawing the computer network diagrams.
Picture: Cisco IBM. Cisco icons, shapes, stencils and symbols
UML Business Process →UML diagrams of business processes. The Rapid UML solution provides diagram examples, templates and vector stencils libraries for quick and easy drawing all types of UML 2.x and 1.x diagrams: UML activity diagrams, UML communication (collaboration) diagrams, UML component diagrams, UML composite structure diagrams, UML deployment diagrams, UML interaction overview diagrams, UML object diagrams, UML package diagrams, UML sequence diagrams, UML state machine diagrams, UML timing diagrams, UML use case diagrams.
Picture: UML Business Process
SysML →Systems Modeling Language (SysML) is a general-purpose modeling language for systems engineering applications. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software was extended with SysML Solution from the Software Development Area of ConceptDraw Solution Park specially to help systems engineers design various model systems with SysML.
UML Package Diagram. Design Elements →UML Package Diagram illustrates the functionality of a software system. ConceptDraw has 393 vector stencils in the 13 libraries that helps you to start using software for designing your own UML Diagrams. You can use the appropriate stencils of UML notation from UML Package library.
Picture: UML Package Diagram. Design Elements
ER Diagram Styles →When creating ER diagrams, you can apply different color ER diagram styles and also notation styles. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM enhanced with Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) Solution gives the ability to draw visual and attractive ER Diagrams using the style icons from Crow’s Foot notation and Chen's notation professionally designed and offered by ERD Chen's Notation and ERD Crow’s Foot Notation libraries.
Picture: ER Diagram Styles
Functional Block Diagram →You need design the Functional Block Diagram and dream to find the useful tools to draw it easier, quickly and effectively? ConceptDraw DIAGRAM offers the Block Diagrams Solution from the "Diagrams" Area which will help you!
Picture: Functional Block Diagram