Process Flow Chart
What is a Process Flow Chart
A Process Flow Chart is a type of flowchart which is mostly used in industrial, chemical and process engineering for illustrating high-level processes, major plant processes and not shows minor details.
A Process Flow Chart is often used:
- to describe actions which occur when a physical process takes place;
- to help identify waste when analyzing the steps of process and then eliminate them;
- when a process is sequential and contains several decisions.
A Process Flow Chart usually consists of:
- process piping;
- major equipment items, symbols, names, identification numbers;
- control valves and other major valves;
- recirculation streams and major bypass;
- flow directions;
- interconnections with other systems;
- the set of operational data - pressure, temperature, flow rate, density, etc.
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software extended with Flowcharts Solution from the "Diagrams" Area of ConceptDraw Solution Park is the best way to create Process Flow Chart and other types of flowcharts.
Example 1. HR Management Process Flow Chart
Benefits of Process Flow Chart
The Process Flow Chart has a wide set of benefits:
- gives a clear documentation of a process;
- allows to define and offers common understanding of processes;
- helps to build a process visual representation for analysis, discussion, and communication;
- allows to identify the scope of the process;
- allows to trace and analyze the process steps;
- helps to standardize and find areas for monitoring, improvement and increased efficiency in a process;
- allows to find and detach the steps of the process that are not essential;
- helps in understanding the logic of complex problems;
- offers a guidance for managers overseeing operations;
- shows the plant design basis, the arrangement of major equipment, process lines, main control loops;
- indicates feedstock, product, main streams flow rates and operating conditions;
- facilitates communication between programmers and business people;
- helps programmers to write the programs of any complexity and on the any high level language;
- helps in debugging process and provides efficient program maintenance;
- helps to understand and explain to other people the logic of the complex problems and their solution;
- assists to improve teamwork effectiveness.
Create Process Flow Chart
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software with Flowcharts Solution is the easiest way to create a new Process Flow Chart, Flow Process Chart, Flow Chart Process Map, or even High Level Process Flow Chart. We propose to start with a Basic Flowchart template available from ConceptDraw STORE.
Example 2. Basic Flowchart Template
Another way is to start with one of samples included in Flowcharts solution, choose that is closely resembles your project or create new document and work in it.
Filling template, changing ready sample or designing a Process Flow Chart at new document, use the predesigned vector objects offered in Flowchart and Flowcharts Rapid Draw libraries of Flowcharts solution. Each of offered objects is ready-to-use, simply drag it from the library to your document and use according to your needs. In addition each object is vector, so you can easily resize it without loss of quality and change its color style.
Example 3. Process Flow Chart. Design Elements — Product Life Cycle for Apple OS X and Windows
The Flow Process Charts you see on this page were created in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software using the tools of Flowcharts Solution. These samples are available for viewing and editing from ConceptDraw STORE.
Use the Flowcharts Solution for ConceptDraw Solution Park for fast and easy designing professional looking Process Flow Chart of any degree of complexity.
All source documents are vector graphic documents. They are available for reviewing, modifying, or converting to a variety of formats (PDF file, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, and many other graphic formats) from the ConceptDraw STORE. The Flowcharts Solution is available for all ConceptDraw DIAGRAM or later users.