How to Draw a Computer Network Diagrams
Popular Computer Network Diagrams Solution of ConceptDraw Solution Park, which includes:
- Extended Cisco libraries — now more than 500 pre-designed objects to help IT professionals easily visualize network schemes and equipment.
- Azure themed graphics and templates.
- Wireless network schemes that can be illustrated in a realistic manner.
- New Interactive Voice Response libraries and samples for diagramming workflows for call centers, technical support departments, service departments, etc.
- Cloud Platform icons.
- Rack diagram library and template objects.
Five practical applications for ConceptDraw Computer and Networks Diagrams Solution:
1. Documentation: system administrators and IT directors can visually document hardware and network information.
2. Training: diagrams of existing installations can be utilized when training new employees.
3. Presentations: Network hardware providers can illustrate and present new and redesigned IT offerings.
4. Workflows: administrators can outline specific response instructions for call centers.
5. Education: instructors can produce teaching materials for IT professionals-in-training.
ConceptDraw Solution Park has a new drawing solution for ConceptDraw DIAGRAM which helps IT Professionals draft and present computer and network installations.
Pic.1. Cisco network diagram — LAN fault tolerance system
The following features make ConceptDraw DIAGRAM the best
Computer Network Diagrams Software:
- You don't need to be an artist to draw professional looking diagrams in a few minutes.
- Large quantity of ready-to-use vector objects makes your drawing diagrams quick and easy.
- Great number of predesigned templates and samples give you the good start for your own diagrams.
- ConceptDraw DIAGRAM provides you the possibility to use the grid, rules and guides. You can easily rotate, group, align, arrange the objects, use different fonts and colors to make your diagram exceptionally looking.
- All ConceptDraw DIAGRAM documents are vector graphic files and are available for reviewing, modifying, and converting to a variety of formats: image, HTML, PDF file, MS PowerPoint Presentation, Adobe Flash, MS Visio.
- Using ConceptDraw STORE you can navigate through ConceptDraw Solution Park, managing downloads and updates. You can access libraries, templates and samples directly from the ConceptDraw STORE.
- If you have any questions, our free of charge support is always ready to come to your aid.
TEN RELATED HOW TO's:
There are numerous articles about the advantages of flowcharting, creating business graphics and developing different charts. Nevertheless, these articles are almost useless without the main component - the examples of flowcharts, org charts and without a fine example, it is difficult to get all the conveniences of creating diagrams. You can find tons of templates and vivid examples on Solution Park.
This illustration shows a variety of business diagrams that can be created using ConceptDraw DIAGRAM. It comprises a different fields of business activities: management, marketing, networking, software and database development along with design of infographics and business illustrations. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM provides a huge set of sample drawings including business process modeling diagrams,, network diagrams, UML diagrams, orgcharts, DFD, flowcharts, ERD, geographical maps and more.
Picture: Examples of Flowcharts, Org Charts and More
If we divide computer networks by scale, we get several main categories. The smallest network is PAN, as it connects personal devices themselves, and as the number of users grows, a local area network can be recognized, and campus area networks (CAN) connects several local networks located within some area like a university or a corporation. Computers connected to CAN share public educational materials and list of CAN network examples includes such prestigious universities like Stanford and Carnegie Mellon.
This is an example of a computer network diagram created for a campus area network. It was created using using ConceptDraw solution for the Computer and Network diagramming. The specific of this sample campus network is its distribution. It is rather broad to embrace a big campus territory. This diagram can be applied as a template for designing custom area network topology diagram for a particular educational institution.
Picture: Campus Area Networks (CAN). Computer and Network Examples
When describing any computer network, we imagine a set of devices and nodes, arranged in some way. Talking about network structures, we should distinguish physical and logical network topologies, as physical topology is about devices location and logical topology illustrates data flow. In the same time, they do not have to match, and some devices, such as repeaters, may have a physical star layout, but a bus logical topology.
There are two main types of computer network topologies: Physical topology that show the physical organization of a network - equipment and types of connections. Star network topology involves a set of devices that is connected to a single hub (router). Ring network topology means that, devices connected according this topology have two connections, connecting with nearby devices to make a loop. Bus network topology is the topology presented at the current diagram. It is similar to a ring topology. The difference is that data moves up and down a linear connection, copying itself where network equipment works as bus-stations along the way. This network topology can be used for small network, or when adding an extra device into a network.
Picture: Network Topologies
What illustrates a technical flow chart? Technical flow chart is a diagrammatic representation which visually illustrates the sequence of operations that must to be performed to get the problem's solution.
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM enhanced with Flowcharts Solution from the "Diagrams" Area of ConceptDraw Solution is a perfect software for drawing Technical Flow Chart Example illustrating the essence and importance of the technical flow chart use.
Picture: Technical Flow Chart Example
Structured-systems analysis and design method uses data flow diagrams to represent the process of data flowing through a system. Talking about this might be useless without a proper example of DFD for online store (Data Flow Diagram). This DFD example shows all the distinctness that a diagram can bring into a scattered data structure.
Data flow diagrams are used to show how data is processed within some business processes. Making DFD is a common practice for business process modeling and analysis. This diagram represents the online store business flow. It describes inputs and outputs within online selling process and depicts the interactions between its participants. This DF diagram can be used by system analysts to create an overview of a business, to study and discover its inherent strengths and weak points.
Picture: Example of DFD for Online Store (Data Flow Diagram)
It's no secret that there is a list of skills that every average system administrator should have. And it's important to be able to manage domains via active directory technologies. The best way to keep all the details in mind is to draw a diagram representing users, groups and domains.
This diagram represents an Active Directory Services (Active Directory Domain Services). It can be helpful for system and network administrators to organize a network physical and logical elements (domains, data bases, servers, network equipment, end-user computers etc.) into a secure and logical structure. The logical structure of Active Directory is a hierarchical organization of all network components. The data that is stored in Active Directory comes from some diverse sources. The Active Directory diagram created using ConceptDraw Active Directory Diagram solution. It shows allocating group policies and functions assigned to end users. It helps to plan, manage and maintain the certain user access scenario.
Picture: Active Directory Diagram
Special libraries of highly detailed, accurate shapes and computer graphics, servers, hubs, switches, printers, mainframes, face plates, routers etc.
Use ConceptDraw DIAGRAM with Computer & Networks solution for drawing LAN and WAN topology and configuration diagrams, Cisco network diagrams, network wiring schemes and floor plan layouts.
Picture: How To use Switches in Network Diagram
Wireless network topology — logical topology.
Wireless network topology shows how the computers connect each other when there is no physical connection. The computers communicate each using the wireless devices.
Picture: Wireless Network Topology
It is so simple making the drawing process easier and faster. you just need to choose the right drawing software.
ConceptDraw Arrows10 Technology - This is so easy and fast to draw any type of diagram with any degree of complexity.
Picture: Simple & Fast Diagram Software