How to Draw a Computer Network Diagrams
Popular Computer Network Diagrams Solution of ConceptDraw Solution Park, which includes:
- Extended Cisco libraries — now more than 500 pre-designed objects to help IT professionals easily visualize network schemes and equipment.
- Azure themed graphics and templates.
- Wireless network schemes that can be illustrated in a realistic manner.
- New Interactive Voice Response libraries and samples for diagramming workflows for call centers, technical support departments, service departments, etc.
- Cloud Platform icons.
- Rack diagram library and template objects.
Five practical applications for ConceptDraw Computer and Networks Diagrams Solution:
1. Documentation: system administrators and IT directors can visually document hardware and network information.
2. Training: diagrams of existing installations can be utilized when training new employees.
3. Presentations: Network hardware providers can illustrate and present new and redesigned IT offerings.
4. Workflows: administrators can outline specific response instructions for call centers.
5. Education: instructors can produce teaching materials for IT professionals-in-training.
ConceptDraw Solution Park has a new drawing solution for ConceptDraw DIAGRAM which helps IT Professionals draft and present computer and network installations.
Pic.1. Cisco network diagram — LAN fault tolerance system
The following features make ConceptDraw DIAGRAM the best
Computer Network Diagrams Software:
- You don't need to be an artist to draw professional looking diagrams in a few minutes.
- Large quantity of ready-to-use vector objects makes your drawing diagrams quick and easy.
- Great number of predesigned templates and samples give you the good start for your own diagrams.
- ConceptDraw DIAGRAM provides you the possibility to use the grid, rules and guides. You can easily rotate, group, align, arrange the objects, use different fonts and colors to make your diagram exceptionally looking.
- All ConceptDraw DIAGRAM documents are vector graphic files and are available for reviewing, modifying, and converting to a variety of formats: image, HTML, PDF file, MS PowerPoint Presentation, Adobe Flash, MS Visio.
- Using ConceptDraw STORE you can navigate through ConceptDraw Solution Park, managing downloads and updates. You can access libraries, templates and samples directly from the ConceptDraw STORE.
- If you have any questions, our free of charge support is always ready to come to your aid.
TEN RELATED HOW TO's:
When designing a network, it is important to take into account the hierarchy of network devices. When you have a root device you should consider a tree network topology that might have any number of lower levels as you might need. This technology is based on star and bus network topologies.
This is a schematic representation of a Tree computer network topology. A tree topology means that some star networks are linked together. A star network is a topology of the local network where a central workstation is connected with each end-user computer or peripherals. A tree structure means that, the central nodes of these star networks are linked to a main cable (the Bus topology). So, a Tree network topology is a few Star networks connected into a Bus topology. This scheme can be applied to draw the particular physical or logical network diagrams using the ConceptDraw Computer and Networks solution.
Picture: Tree Network Topology Diagram
An abstract representation is usually the first thing you will need while developing a database. To understand the ways that databases are structured, you should look through entity-relationship diagram examples and see the notations features and attributes. With an entity-relationship model you can describe a database of any complexity.
This Entity-relationship diagram is a tool for software developers. It enables every element of database to be managed, communicated and tested before release. This ERD was created using symbols advocated by Chen's notation. Because of a linguistic origin of the Chen’s notation, the boxes representing entities could be interpreted as nouns, and the relationships between them are in verb form, shown on a diagram as a diamond.
Picture: Entity Relationship Diagram Examples
A flowchart is a simple but very functional tool when it comes to understanding a workflow or to removing unnecessary stages from a process. When drawing flowcharts, keep in mind that there are four common types of flowcharts, like document flowcharts and data flowcharts that show control over a data or document flow over a system. To show controls on a physical level, use system flowcharts. In addition, to show controls in a program, you can draw a program flowchart.
This flowchart diagram represents the piece of an article editing process, that involves the author and editor. It was created using the Basic Flowchart notation that consists from the basic flowchart symbols. The start and the end of the process are indicated with "Terminator" symbols. The "Process" symbols show the action steps consisting from making edits and searching for a compromise, when the author does not agree with the suggestions of the editor. The "Process" symbol is the general symbol in process flowcharts. The "Decision" symbol indicates a branching in the process flow. There are two branches indicated by a Decision shape in the current flowchart (Yes/No, Disagree/Agree). This basic flowchart can be used as a repeating unit in the workflow diagram describing the working process of some editorial office.
Picture: Types of Flowcharts
Network infrastructure planning is a very important process in the network construction, and the share of time allocated to this within the scope of the entire project may reach 60-80%. A competent and thorough approach to planning contributes to the quick investment return, and also increases the reliability and flexibility of the final system, reducing the probability of additional costs related to the incorrect implementation.
Any planning begins with an analysis of the business requirements to the final system. Basic network parameters, which should be assessed are the scalability, accessibility, cost, speed and safety.
Speed and cost are often mistaken for the most important parameters, and the rest of the parameters aren't even remembered. This is not entirely correct. Initially, it is necessary to assess the business plans for the future, because sometimes it is more profitable to invest more money in the beginning. If the business is to develop, then, consequently, demands on
Picture: Cisco Routers. Cisco icons, shapes, stencils and symbols
A list of parameters on which networks differ is very long. A large network with a range up to 50 kilometers is called metropolitan area network (MAN), and this type of network can include several local area networks. Metropolitan networks in their turn connect into global area networks.
Here you will see a Metropolitan Area Network (MAN). This is an extensive network which occupies a large territory including a few buildings or even the whole city. The space of the MAN is bigger than LAN, but lower than WAN. MAN comprise a lot of communication equipment and delivers the Internet connection to the LANs in the city area. Computer and Networks solution for ConceptDraw DIAGRAM provides a set of libraries with ready-to-use vector objects to design various kinds of computer networks.
Picture: Metropolitan area networks (MAN). Computer and Network Examples
Every corporate network is unique, though there are guidelines and best practices in developing networks. As it is quite difficult to implement a pure topology within a company, using a hybrid network topology is considered a better solution. As a rule, such network assembles advantages and features of source topologies.
This diagram is an example of the Hybrid network. This type of network topology means a conjunction of other network topologies. Such as star-bus, ring-mesh topologies, etc. It should be obviously diverse networks. The final computer network inherits both advantages and disadvantages of its ingredients. Using the ConceptDraw Computer and Networks solution including vector graphic libraries and templates one can develop professional custom network diagrams of any topology and complexity.
Picture: Hybrid Network Topology
Communication via Internet nowadays is almost irreplaceable part of lifestyle. It’s needless to say that providing that communication is not a piece of cake, and network diagram software is useful for representing all the interconnections between network devices. These diagrams are also helpful for educational purposes.
This drawing depicts the network topology of the sample web studio. This is a physical type of network diagram. It is depicting the network, end-user equipment and connections between them. The given network has combined the both star and mesh network topology features. This diagram is a tool of network administrator. it delivers the actual information on location of servers, hubs, switches, routers, and other telecommunication equipment. The collection of network related symbols provided with ConceptDraw Network Diagrams solution represents the entire network components. All Symbols are standard. Therefore, network specialists can effortlessly decrypt this diagram.
Picture: Network Diagram Software