"Welds can be geometrically prepared in many different ways. The five basic types of weld joints are the butt joint, lap joint, corner joint, edge joint, and T-joint (a variant of this last is the cruciform joint). Other variations exist as well - for example, double-V preparation joints are characterized by the two pieces of material each tapering to a single center point at one-half their height. Single-U and double-U preparation joints are also fairly common - instead of having straight edges like the single-V and double-V preparation joints, they are curved, forming the shape of a U. Lap joints are also commonly more than two pieces thick - depending on the process used and the thickness of the material, many pieces can be welded together in a lap joint geometry." [Welding. Wikipedia]
This engineering drawing example was redesigned using the ConceptDraw PRO diagramming and vector drawing software from the Wikimedia Commons file: Butt Weld Geometry.GIF.
The engineering drawing example "Butt weld geometry" is included in the Mechanical Engineering solution from the Engineering area of ConceptDraw Solution Park. Read more
Mathematics Solution from the Science and Education area of ConceptDraw Solution Park includes a few shape libraries of plane, solid geometric figures, trigonometrical functions and greek letters to help you create different professional looking mathematic illustrations for science and education. Read more
The basic geometrical notion has been adapted in various ways to suit particular purposes. Mathematicians are often concerned only with the bounding closed polygonal chain and with simple polygons which do not self-intersect, and they often define a polygon accordingly. A polygonal boundary may be allowed to intersect itself, creating star polygons. Geometrically two edges meeting at a corner are required to form an angle that is not straight (180°); otherwise, the line segments may be considered parts of a single edge; however mathematically, such corners may sometimes be allowed. These and other generalizations of polygons are described below." [Polygon. Wikipedia]
The geometry diagram example "Polygon types" was created using the ConceptDraw PRO diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Mathematics solution from the Science and Education area of ConceptDraw Solution Park. Read more
Geometers have studied the mathematical beauty and symmetry of the Platonic solids for thousands of years. They are named for the ancient Greek philosopher Plato who theorized in his dialogue, the Timaeus, that the classical elements were made of these regular solids." [Platonic solid. Wikipedia]
The geometry diagram example "Platonic solid" was created using the ConceptDraw PRO diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Mathematics solution from the Science and Education area of ConceptDraw Solution Park. Read more
Use these shapes to draw your geometrical diagrams and illustrations in the ConceptDraw PRO diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Mathematics solution from the Science and Education area of ConceptDraw Solution Park. Read more
- Diagrams Of Examples Of Geometry
- Example Of Geometry Shapes With Diagram
- Butt weld geometry | Mathematical Diagrams | Basic Flowchart ...
- Geometry Diagrams
- Basic Geometry Diagrams In Math
- Mathematics Symbols | Plane geometry - Vector stencils library ...
- Types Of Geometry Diagrams
- Geometrical Diagram With Examples
- Mathematics Symbols | Mathematics | Mathematical Diagrams ...
- Tetrahedral Geometry Diagrams Using Solids
- Mathematics Symbols | Mathematical Diagrams | How to Draw ...
- Butt weld geometry | Buttwelding Diagrams
- Mathematics Symbols | Mathematical Diagrams | Mathematics ...
- Geometrical Designs Diagrams
- Basic Diagrams Of Geometry With Names
- Example Of Math Using Diagram In Geometry
- Types Of Polygon With Diagram
- Chart Examples | Solid geometry - Vector stencils library | Www ...
- Geometrical Diagram
- Mathematics Symbols | Mathematical Diagrams | Scientific Symbols ...
- ERD | Entity Relationship Diagrams, ERD Software for Mac and Win
- Flowchart | Basic Flowchart Symbols and Meaning
- Flowchart | Flowchart Design - Symbols, Shapes, Stencils and Icons
- Flowchart | Flow Chart Symbols
- Electrical | Electrical Drawing - Wiring and Circuits Schematics
- Flowchart | Common Flowchart Symbols
- Flowchart | Common Flowchart Symbols