How to Build a Flowchart
Steps of the RapidDraw
A flowchart is a type of diagram used for designing, analyzing, documenting and managing the processes and programs, it lets visually represent an algorithm, workflow or process using the boxes objects to show the steps and connecting them with arrows, and applying a diamond symbol to represent a decision.
The ConceptDraw DIAGRAM is a professional software for quick and easy building great looking flowcharts of various types and any degree of complexity. An important role at the simplicity of drawing the flowcharts plays the ConceptDraw's RapidDraw technology which lets to add the objects with just a single click and create professional-looking flowcharts in a few steps.
The vector stencils from the object libraries allow you to use the RapidDraw technology. By clicking on direction arrows one can add new object to flowchart. This technology gives to ConceptDraw users the ability of fast creating visualization for the structural data.
- Start new document
- Open Flowcharts Rapid Draw library from the Flowcharts solution
- Add a first object to page
- Place cursor on the object
- You will see blue arrows with drop-down object
- Pick needed object
- New object is added and connected with connector
Note: New object also will have a Rapid Draw functionality
- Add new objects using the same method
Note: New object will be added at the same side as a blue arrow points
- Continue to draw a flowchart
- Flowchart base is ready, let's fill it out
Note: When you work with rapid draw objects, once you reach left or bottom edge of page, its size will double automatically
- Zoom in the drawing for your convenience. Use mouse scroll with held Command (Ctrl)
- Change size and fill the text in the needed object
- Align objects using Align options on the ribbon. All objects will be aligned basing on object highlighted with green
- Add text and change size, if needed
- Change objects disposition regarding to one another
- Change the path of connector using yellow control dots. In this case connector will stick to new trajectory, even if you move connected object
- Align objects horizontally
- Fill the text
- Allign text center using Inspector
- Add missing connectors to the objects. Connection points will appear as crosses
- Add new connectors, if needed
- Connect connector with object's center; in this case, when you move an object, connector will follow the closest path side
- Adjust the page size to the drawn flowchart file using the Document Properties - Page Size menu
- Select connector and add the text to it
- Adjust its angle and object box
- Add text to other objects and connectors
- Adjust its position with yellow control dot
- Select all objects with Command+A
- Use Shape menu - Make Same - Size, to equalize it
- Select few objects with held Shift button
- Align objects
- Select few objects
- Open Inspector from ribbon
- Set the color and switch off the stroke
- Repeat actions for another group of objects
- Again, adjust the page size to the File
- Select connectors
- Change colors and end objects
- Change connector's text color
- Double click on a page name at Pages inspector
- Enter the page's name
- Check your document
- Adjust objects and connectors, if needed
- Revert connectors. if needed
- Your Flowchart is ready!
- All exporting commands are available at ConceptDraw DIAGRAM from the File menu. You can immediately apply them when your Flowchart is ready.
The possibility of exporting to variety of popular graphical formats (PNG, JPEG, JPG, GIF, TIF, TIFF, BMP, DIB, EMF, SVG) and file formats, such as Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe Acrobat (PDF), Microsoft Visio (VDX, VSDX), Adobe Flash (SWF), Encapsulated PostScript (EPS), HTML, opens wide opportunities for you.
Now, you can fast and easy create your Flowcharts with powerful ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software. And thanks to the wide export capabilities effectively collaborate and exchange information with other people, demonstrate your Flowcharts to wide auditory and your colleagues, even if they don't have the ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software.
Video How to Build a Flowchart (1min 49sec)