How to Draw EPC Diagram Quickly
Event-driven Process Chain
An event-driven process chain diagram is a flowchart used in business process analysis. It evolved from Architecture of Integrated Information Systems (ARIS) and utilised in the business process improvement and analysis. It is also used to facilitate enterprise resource planning.
An EPC diagram is a complex flowchart that shows different business processes through various workflows. The workflows are seen as functions and events that are connected by different teams or people, as well as tasks that allow business processes to be executed.
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM is a software for making EPC diagrams that allows managers visually present business process models for making decisions for business processes improvement. Well-designed shapes evolves into a very effective visual diagrams used to represent various segments of the EPC. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM includes tools that are specifically designed to facilitate the process of depicting business processes.
Pic.1 Event Driven Process Chain (EPC) Diagram
The Event-driven Process Chain Diagrams solution extends ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software with EPC templates, samples, and vector shape library for the drawing of EPC diagrams.
How to Draw EPC Diagram
The Event-driven Chain Diagrams solution assists in the planning of resources and improves business processes using EPC flowcharts.
Follow these steps to be successful in creating EPC diagram.
- Launch ConceptDraw DIAGRAM
- Set page orientation: File menu – Page Setup – Horizontal Orientation – Ok.
- Open Event-Driven Process Chain Diagrams (EPC) library from the Libraries panel.
- From the library take necessary objects. Place them on the page.
- Using Control dots adjust size of the objects.
- Add text to objects. Just click the object – Type.
Note: Use yellow diamond to move text inside the object.
- Select all objects (Cmd+A) – Open Inspectors – Text tab.
- Set Font, Font size, Color.
- Holding down Shift button deselect Database and System objects.
- Open Inspectors – Line tab - Deselect Stroke.
- Select Database and System objects.
- Open Inspectors – Line tab –Change color.
- Open Inspectors – Fill tab – Change color of the objects.
- Select all objects excluding Database objects.
- Shape menu – Make same – Size.
- Use Align and Distribute options from the Toolbar to arrange the objects.
- Using Direct and Rounded Conncectors from the Toolbar connect objects in needed direction.
Note: Using Yellow diamonds you may arrange Rounded Connectors.
- Inspectors – Layers tab - Select another layer for Background. Lock previous layer.
- File menu –Document Properties – Page Size – Adjust to Drawing Contents –Ok.
- Open Drawing Shapes library from Libraries panel. Take Rectangle object. Place it on the page.
- Using Control dots make size same as a Page size.
- Send it to Back using the option from the Toolbar.
- Open Inspectors – Line tab – Deselect Stroke.
- Open Inspectors – Fill tab – Change color.
- Inspectors - Layers tab – Go back to Layer 1 - Lock Background layer.
- Now your Drawing is ready.
- You may save it or export to different formats via File Menu.
TEN RELATED HOW TO's:
Human Resource Development (HRD) focuses on the help employees develop their personal and organizational skills, abilities, and knowledge, HRD also helps to adapt an organization to the changing of external environment.
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software supplied with HR Flowcharts Solution from the Management Area of ConceptDraw Solution Park can effectively help in labour-intensive process of human resource development.
Picture: Human Resource Development
In software engineering, a UML Class Diagrams is a type of static structure diagram that is used both for general conceptual modeling of the systematics of the application, and for detailed modeling translating the models into programming code.
Use ConceptDraw DIAGRAM with UML class diagram templates, samples and stencil library from Rapid UML solution to show the classes of system, their attributes, operations or methods, and the relationships among the classes.
Picture: UML Class Diagrams. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM - Diagramming Software for Design UML Diagrams
Human resource management (HRM) is a professional discipline which oversees and manages an organization's human resources, and aspires maximize employee performance for an employer's strategic objectives.
The HR Management Software is an incredibly powerful tool for those who need to analyze or present human resource process flows in a visually effective manner.
Picture: HR Management Software
Use the advantages of hierarchical tree structure of mind map while developing the organizational structure of your organization. Create an Organizational Chart from your map. Double click the icon to create an Organizational Chart.
The diagram is created automatically from the active page of your map by ConceptDraw DIAGRAM and will be opened in Slideshow mode.
Picture: Organizational Chart
An abstract representation is usually the first thing you will need while developing a database. To understand the ways that databases are structured, you should look through entity-relationship diagram examples and see the notations features and attributes. With an entity-relationship model you can describe a database of any complexity.
This Entity-relationship diagram is a tool for software developers. It enables every element of database to be managed, communicated and tested before release. This ERD was created using symbols advocated by Chen's notation. Because of a linguistic origin of the Chen’s notation, the boxes representing entities could be interpreted as nouns, and the relationships between them are in verb form, shown on a diagram as a diamond.
Picture: Entity Relationship Diagram Examples
The ConceptDraw DIAGRAM is a professional software for quick creating great looking flowcharts. The vector stencils from object libraries allows you to use RapidDraw technology. By the clicking on direction arrows one can add new object to flowcharts. This technology gives to users the ability to fast creating visualization for the structural data.
Learn the basics of flowcharting and see how to build create a flowchart using ConceptDraw automatic drawing tools.
Picture: How to Build a Flowchart
To visualize the relationships between subsets of the universal set you can use Venn diagrams. To construct one, you should divide the plane into a number of cells using n figures. Each figure in the chart represents a single set of, and n is the number of represented sets. Splitting is done in a way that there is one and only one cell for any set of these figures, the points of which belong to all the figures from the set and do not belong to others. The plane on which the figures are represented, is the universal set U. Thus, the point which does not belong to any of the figures, belongs only to U.
Picture: Multi Layer Venn Diagram. Venn Diagram Example
The Time-Money-Quality Triangle illustrates an advertising truism, that you can't have all three.
Picture: Pyramid Diagram