Being successful in business is about meeting your defined objectives and adapting to changes occurring in the global market. The ability for an organization to successful adapt to a rapidly changing environment leads to continued growth and success. Failure to adapt, leads to stakeholder disappointment and eventually to extinction if an organization cannot adjust to the situation.
Many organizations, who at one time in their history flourished, have been known to flounder because of loss of direction and vision. Keeping an organization moving forward requires strong collaborative team work to transition an organization from one stage to the next in its life cycle. Mistakes in strategy or implementation today are punishing when your team fails to correctly identify an early opportunity. Early opportunities not acted on cease to be success possibilities.
eLearning for Skype
Note: solution requires ConceptDraw MINDMAP or later.
This solution extends ConceptDraw MINDMAP with the ability to prepare and run remote learning via Skype.
It lets you create educational materials and present remotely to students using Skype conference call.
It works great with other ConceptDraw Solution Park solutions such as Word Exchange, Presentation Exchange, and Mind Map Exchange.
Genetic engineering is moving in a rapid fashion. There are new discoveries occurring at an incredibly fast pace.
This map was created from content found at "FAQ About Genetic and Genomic Science" (National Human Genome Research Institute, www.genome.gov) and shows how simple in is to use a map structure to explain complex subjects. The content from this map and maps similar to this can be used with the eLearning for Skype solution for ConceptDraw MINDMAP to present complex information in a simplified manner.
Example 1. Genomics
Export to Outline
Genomics & Health
What is genomics?
- Genomics is a ... term that describes the study of all of a person's genes (the genome), including interactions of those genes with each other and with the person's environment.
- Genomics includes the scientific study of complex diseases such as heart disease, asthma, diabetes, and cancer because these diseases are typically caused more by a combination of genetic and environmental factors than by individual genes.
- Genomics is offering new possibilities for therapies and treatments for some complex diseases, as well as new diagnostic methods.
Why is genomics important to my health?
- Genomics is helping researchers discover why some people get sick from certain infections, environmental factors, and behaviors, while others do not.
- Apart from accidents, genomic factors play a role in nine of the ten leading causes of death in the United States.
- All human beings are 99.9 percent identical in their genetic makeup. Differences in the remaining 0.1 percent hold important clues about the causes of diseases.
- Gaining a better understanding of the interactions between genes and the environment by means of genomics is helping researchers find better ways to improve health and prevent disease.
Why is genomics important to my family's health?
- Understanding more about ... complex diseases caused by multiple genes and environmental factors (using genomics) can lead to earlier diagnoses, interventions, and targeted treatments.
A person's health is influenced by his/her family history and shared environmental factors.
- This makes family history an important, personalized tool that can help identify many of the causative factors for conditions that also have a genetic component.
- The family history can serve as the cornerstone for learning about ... genomic conditions in a family, and for developing individualized approaches to disease prevention, intervention, and treatment.
What are some of the new genomic techniques and technologies?
- The DNA sequence of genes carries the instructions, or code, for building proteins. This DNA is transcribed into a related molecule, RNA, which is then translated into proteins.
- Proteomics ... is a ... large-scale analysis of all the proteins in an organism, tissue type, or cell (called the proteome).
- Proteomics can be used to reveal specific, abnormal proteins that lead to diseases, such as certain forms of cancer.
- The term "pharmacogenomics" is used in describing the intersection of pharmacology (the study of drugs, or pharmaceuticals) and genetic variability in determining an individual's response to particular drugs.
- Pharmacogenomics typically involves the search for variations in multiple genes that are associated with variability in drug response. Since pharmacogenomics is one of the large-scale "omic" technologies, it can examine the entirety of the genome, rather than just single genes.
- Pharmacogenomic studies may also examine genetic variation among large groups of people (populations), for example, in order to see how different drugs might affect different racial or ethnic groups.
- Pharmacogenomic studies are leading to drugs that can be tailor-made for individuals, and adapted to each person's particular genetic makeup.
- Although a person's environment, diet, age, lifestyle, and state of health can also influence that person's response to medicines, understanding an individual's genetic makeup is key to creating personalized drugs that work better and have fewer side effects than the one-size-fits-all drugs that are common today.
The Benefits for ConceptDraw MINDMAP Brainstorming Software
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP is effective for brainstorming, designing mind maps, idea generating, creative and lateral thinking, creativity and problem solving.
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP is ideal for team and personal work in Business, Marketing and Project Management.
- The libraries with large quantity of vector objects help to illustrate your mind maps and to make them bright, visual and comprehensible.
- Use of View Navigator tool lets create presentations from a mind map: you can simply select the map parts you want to present, sequence your slides, and preview the presentation.
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP provides wide capabilities of importing and exporting in various formats: Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, MS Excel, Mindjet MindManager, image, HTML, PDF file.