Entity Relationship Software
Entity Relationship Diagram
ERD is a major data modelling tool which can help to organize your project's data into the entities and to define the relashionships between these entities.
It is convenient to design ER Diagrams using ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) Solution from the Software Development Area for ConceptDraw Solution Park. This solution supports Chen's and Crow’s Foot notations that are often used to describe database structure.
In a Chen's notation, entities are represented by rectangles with the entities names inside and relationships are represented by diamonds. The attributes are drawn as ovals and are connected with a line to exactly one entity or relationship set.
Example 1. Entity Relationship Software. Chen's notation
Another type of notation is known as Crow's Foot notation. Fundamentally it is very similar to Chen's notation and differs by designations, are used the boxes to represent entities and the lines between them to represent relationships. The attributes of entity are drawn in the box that represents this entity.
Example 2. Entity Relationship Software. Crow's Foot notation
The Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) solution provides templates and samples that allow you get closer with ER diagrams. All they are available for viewing and editing from ConceptDraw STORE.
Example 3. Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) Solution in ConceptDraw STORE
Entity relationship diagram (ERD) Libraries
There are also 2 libraries at the Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) solution with all necessary objects to produce your own ER diagram. You can simply drop desired of them into your document to quickly and easily create the diagram.
Example 4. ERD Libraries
The Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) solution for ConceptDraw DIAGRAM helps you to produce the ER Diagrams that you can readily use to document databases in white papers, presentations, data sheets, posters, and technical materials.
Examples of Entity relationship diagram (ERD)
The Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) solution from ConceptDraw Solution Park extends ConceptDraw DIAGRAM ector graphics and diagramming software with the ability to describe a database using the Entity-Relationship model and offers a lot of examples that you can successfully use as the base for your own ERDs.
Example 5. Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) Example - ERD Employee Certification Entity
Use ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software extended with Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) solution to draw your own ER diagrams using Chen's or Crow's foot notations without efforts.
Example 6. Entity Relationship Software (Mac OS X and Windows)
The following features make ConceptDraw DIAGRAM extended with the Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) solution the most effective Entity Relationship Software:
- You don't need to be an artist to draw professional looking diagrams in a few minutes.
- Large quantity of ready-to-use vector objects makes drawing your diagrams quick and easy.
- Extensive collection of pre-designed templates and samples give you a great start for your own diagrams.
- ConceptDraw DIAGRAM provides you with the possibility to use the grid, rules and guides. You can easily rotate, group, align, and arrange objects, and use different fonts and colors to make your diagram stand out.
- All ConceptDraw DIAGRAM documents are vector graphic files and are available for reviewing, modifying, and converting to a variety of formats: image, HTML, PDF file, MS PowerPoint Presentation, Adobe Flash, MS Visio.
- Using ConceptDraw STORE you can navigate through ConceptDraw Solution Park, managing downloads and updates. You can access libraries, templates and samples directly from ConceptDraw STORE.
- If you have any questions, our support is free of charge and always ready to come to your aid.