Geo Map - USA - Illinois
Life Cycle Analysis.
Life Cycle Analysis is essentially a method of considering the entire environmental impact, energy and resource usage of a material or product. It is often known as a 'cradle-to-grave' analysis and can encompass the entire lifetime from extraction to end-of-life disposal. Life cycle analysis can be an extremely effective way of linking many different aspects of the environmental impacts of materials usage. ...
Materials Extraction and Resource Implications.
The environmental impact of raw materials extraction and processing together with global resource issues provides a good place to start consideration of environmental aspects of materials. ...
Environmental Impacts of Processing.
... Topics that would come under this subject area include the specific environmental problems associated with processing of metals, polymers, ceramics, composites etc, and how these problems can be overcome.
Design for Sustainability.
This area ... will ... cover issues such as design for successful recycling, waste minimisation, energy efficiency and increased lifetime.
Economic, Social and Legislative Issues.
... For example, materials selection within the automotive industry is now heavily influenced by 'end-of-life vehicle' and 'hazardous material' regulations.
Use of Sustainable Materials.
... It is probably sensible to define such materials as those that have distinct differences that achieve environmental benefit compared to conventional materials. With this definition, the list would include:
(1) Materials of a significantly plant-based nature, including wood, natural fibre composites, natural polymers.
(2) Materials produced using a large proportion of waste material, including recycled polymers, composites made from waste mineral powders, and arguably also much steel and aluminium.
Materials for Green Energy.
The most exciting developments in Materials Science are in the realm of functional materials, and many of these serve an environmentally-beneficial purpose, particularly in the production of green energy.
(1) Solar-cell materials.
(2) Fuel-cell technology.
(3) Catalytic pollution control.
The treatment of materials at the end of their lifetime is a significant subject area and encompasses aspects such as recycling techniques and materials limitations, biodegradabilty and composting, chemical recovery and energy recovery." [materials.ac.uk/guides/environmental.asp]
The ring chart example "Life cycle analysis" was created using the ConceptDraw PRO diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Target and Circular Diagrams solution from the Marketing area of ConceptDraw Solution Park.
www.conceptdraw.com/solution-park/marketing-target-and-circular-diagrams Read more
Mathematics Solution from the Science and Education area of ConceptDraw Solution Park includes a few shape libraries of plane, solid geometric figures, trigonometrical functions and greek letters to help you create different professional looking mathematic illustrations for science and education. Read more
- How To Prepare A Pie Chart To Show The Natural Resources ...
- Flow Chart On Classification Of Natural Resources With Eg
- Make A Flow Chart Classifying Various Natural Resources With
- Classification Of Natural Resources Flow Chart Download
- Flowchart Of Classification Of Natural Resources With Examples
- Management Of Natural Resource In Mathematics Pie Chart
- Flow Chart Symbols | | Emergency Plan | Natural Resources ...
- Outline Diagram Of Natural Resources Pie Chart
- Conservation Of Natural Resources Pie Chart Maths
- Natural Resources Flow Chat
- Make A Flow Chart Classifying Various Natural Resources With ...
- Flow Chart On Classification Of Natural Resources With Examples
- Drawing Of Flow Chart On Natural Resources Classification
- Bar Diagram Math | Pie Charts | UK Map | Natural Resources Pie ...
- Natural Resources Bar Graph Maths
- Give A Flow Chart Classifying Various Natural Resources With
- Bar Graphs And Pie Charts Natural Resources
- Pie Chart For Conservation Of Natural Resources
- Flowchart Of Classification Of Natural Resources
- Classification Of Natural Resources Diagram
- ERD | Entity Relationship Diagrams, ERD Software for Mac and Win
- Flowchart | Basic Flowchart Symbols and Meaning
- Flowchart | Flowchart Design - Symbols, Shapes, Stencils and Icons
- Flowchart | Flow Chart Symbols
- Electrical | Electrical Drawing - Wiring and Circuits Schematics
- Flowchart | Common Flowchart Symbols
- Flowchart | Common Flowchart Symbols