What is a Flow Сhart
A Flow Chart is a type of diagram which visualizes a process, algorithm of a program or workflow. The steps / operations are represented as boxes of various types and are connected by arrows which show the flow of the process.
The Flow Chart is a very popular type of diagram, it is widely used for analyzing, designing, managing and visualizing the business and technical processes, various software algorithms.
But how to design a Flow Chart fast and easy? We recommend to use a powerful ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagramming and vector drawing software extended with Flowcharts Solution from the "Diagrams" Area of ConceptDraw Solution Park.
Example 1. Flow Chart - Food Security Assessment
Create a Flow Chart
The Flowcharts Solution offers 2 libraries with all commonly used shapes for drawing any Flow Chart you need. Below you can see them all, click on the preview to enlarge it.
All these objects are vector objects, you can resize them without loss of quality, change their color to make your flow chart diagram more interesting, bright and attractive.
To design your own Flow Chart in minutes, follow the next steps:
- drag the required shapes from the libraries,
- type the text inside the shapes,
- arrange the shapes and connect them with arrows.
Example 2. Flowcharts Solution in ConceptDraw STORE
You can also use the ready sample flow chart or template offered by Flowcharts solution in ConceptDraw STORE as the base or as the source of inspiration for your own Flow Chart.
Benefits of Flow Chart
The Flow Chart has a wide set of benefits:
- gives a clear documentation of a process;
- allows to define and offers common understanding of processes;
- helps to build a process visual representation for analysis, discussion, and communication;
- allows to identify the scope of the process;
- allows to trace and analyze the process steps;
- helps to standardize and find areas for monitoring, improvement and increased efficiency in a process;
- allows to find and detach the steps of the process that are not essential;
- helps in understanding the logic of complex problems;
- offers a guidance for managers overseeing operations;
- facilitates communication between programmers and business people;
- helps programmers to write the programs of any complexity and on the any high level language;
- helps in debugging process and provides efficient program maintenance;
- helps to understand and explain to other people the logic of the complex problems and their solution;
- assists to improve teamwork effectiveness.
Example 3. Flow Сhart - Synthetic Object Construction
The samples you see on this page were created in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software using the flow chart symbols and shapes from the Flowcharts solution libraries. Each Flow Chart sample you see here is professionally looking and successfully demonstrates solution's capabilities and professional results you can achieve using it. An experienced user spent 10 minutes creating each of these samples.
Use the Flowcharts Solution for ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software to create your own Flow Chart or Org Flow Chart of any complexity quick, easy and effective.
All source documents are vector graphic documents. They are available for reviewing, modifying, or converting to a variety of formats (PDF file, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, and many other graphic formats) from the ConceptDraw STORE. The Flowcharts Solution is available for all ConceptDraw DIAGRAM or later users.