How to Import MS Project File to a Mind Map Using the Project Exchange Solution
Using a mind map is a quick and efficient way to start up project. ConceptDraw MINDMAP can export to MS Project file from a mind map; it can also import a project file from MS Project giving team members who use Macintosh or Windows, a working visual map of a planned project. The ability to import/export MS Project files is made possible because of the Project Exchange solution.
ConceptDraw MINDMAP provides you with the ability to import MS Project MPP files. To create new mind map document on the basis of information taken from Microsoft Project * .mpp document, follow the steps below:
- Create MS Project file MPP.
- Open the MPP-file in ConceptDraw MINDMAP : File → Import → MS Project Document.
- Choose the file and click Open.
- A hierarchical list of project tasks will be transformed into a radial structure of mind map.
Result: ConceptDraw MINDMAP document created from MS Project file .
How it works:
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP Output plug-in supports data conversion to MS Project® XML format.
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP Input plug-in supports data conversion from MS Project® XML to CDMZ format.
- Import and export MS Project® files
- Share your project data with MS Project®, Merlin® and OmniPlan® users
- Report project status as a mind map
- Exchange data with MindManager®, XMind®, FreeMind®, Microsoft® Office®.
- Social networking via Twitter®, Facebook®.
- Compatibility with MindJet Mindmanager®
- Import/Export data from MS Project®
- Integration with Twitter®
- Collaboration via Skype®
- Compatibility with MS Project®
- Import/Export data from MindJet Mindmanager®
- Manage multiple projects on Mac®
- Google® Desktop Search Integration
- Business diagramming on Mac OS® and Windows®
- Compatibility with MS Visio®
- Live Objects technology