How to Make a Mind Map from
a Project Gantt Chart
ConceptDraw Office allows you to see the project data from ConceptDraw PROJECT in a mind map structure by opening your project in ConceptDraw MINDMAP. Project managers widely used mind maps for organizing the project team, project ideas, and visualize every moving part of the project workflow. ConceptDraw PROJECT allows you to create a mind map directly from your project tasks. This is possible by opening the project file in ConceptDraw MINDMAP. This way you will work with the same file. This operation is used to modify a project schedule and general project details. You can see the project data in a mind map structure by opening your project in ConceptDraw MINDMAP. This way you are switching views without creating extra files. You can operate with the same file in both applications.
- In ConceptDraw PROJECT you should choose the Open in MINDMAP command. Both Windows and Mac users can find it in the File menu.
- Save the file, using the “Save As” dialog.
- Your file will be opened in ConceptDraw MINDMAP. The task links will be displayed as relationships. The projects hierarchy and resource allocation displays as Topic Data.
Result: You can work with the same data both in the Gantt chart and mind map view.
How it works:
- An extensive variety of reports on project and task statuses
- Centralizes project information via embedded documents and hyperlinks
- Managing multiple projects from a single file
- Powerful integration with other ConceptDraw products
Useful Solution and Products:
- Quickly start a project
- Plan and execute projects efficiently
- Visualize different phases of the project using diagrams
- Import and export MS Project® files
- Share your project data with MS Project®, Merlin® and OmniPlan® users
- Report project status as a mind map
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP
Process, Brainstorming & Thought Organization
- ConceptDraw PROJECT
Project & Resource Management
- ConceptDraw DIAGRAM
Business Diagramming & Illustration