In Solutions from Quality Management Area we support quality and manufacturing managers with visualization tools for production quality control and improvement. The solutions from Quality Management Area extend ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software with Quality Diagrams.
Quality mind maps
This solution extends ConceptDraw MINDMAP software with Quality Management Mind Maps (Presentations, Meeting Agendas, Problem to be solved).
This mind map shows how Six Sigma methodology be represented as a mind map. Six Sigma is a quality management methodology allows reducing the number of defects to 3.4 defects per million.
Example 1. 6 sigma
Export to Outline
- INTRODUCTION Customer satisfaction and a positive user experience are seen as key components to attracting and keeping customers.
- Six Sigma was built and adopted so that companies could focus on improving quality. The resulting improvements attract customers and build a competitive barrier to companies that do not have as sharp of a focus on quality and what that means to prospects.
Six Sigma literately means reducing the number of defects to 3.4 defects per million.
3.4 defects per million does not happen just by chance; it requires effort
- 3.4 defects per million
- 3.4 defects per million does not happen just by chance; it requires effort
Six Sigma is a methodology that provides businesses with tools that can be used to improve the variability in an organizations business processes. There are two common mythologies in Six Sigma.
DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve control)
- used for an existing process that may not meet specifications
DMADV (define, measure, analyze, design, verify)
- use for designing a new process so that the proper level of quality is built in at the start
- DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve control)
- Motorola and Allied Signal are considered to be early adopters of Six Sigma.
- It is commonly recognized that General Electric was very successful at implementing Six Sigma, it has been estimated that GE saved somewhere in the vicinity of $10 billion dollars in the first 5 years of the program. 1995-2000
Research has demonstrated that Six Sigma Black Belts save companies approximately $230,000 per project
- Of course your results will vary, but there are multiple proof points that quality improvements save money and attract customers
Mind mapping in Six Sigma
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP is a great tool to help in the determination or defination of variation in a process
- A mind map can also be a great place to record measurements of key variables in the process
- The visual nature of a mind map allows one to analyze and brain storm on the key identified variables
- After analysis, then comes improvement. Mind maps often serve as dynamci action plans to improve a process by eliminating variability, quality then improves
- It is important to improve controls so that any gains are maintained. Mind maps can also be used at this stage to record what controls need to be modified or put in place.
The Benefits for ConceptDraw MINDMAP Brainstorming Software
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP is effective for brainstorming, designing mind maps, idea generating, creative and lateral thinking, creativity and problem solving.
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP is ideal for team and personal work in Business, Marketing and Project Management.
- The libraries with large quantity of vector objects help to illustrate your mind maps and to make them bright, visual and comprehensible.
- Use of View Navigator tool lets create presentations from a mind map: you can simply select the map parts you want to present, sequence your slides, and preview the presentation.
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP provides wide capabilities of importing and exporting in various formats: Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, MS Excel, Mindjet MindManager, image, HTML, PDF file.