Entity Relationship Diagram Software
Software for diagramming
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM gives the ability to draw professional ER diagrams (ERD) for describing a databases visually with the Chen's and Crow’s Foot notation icons. Use for this the powerful tools of the Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) Solution from the Software Development Area for ConceptDraw Solution Park.
Entity-Relationship model making possibility to describe a database by abstract way. The data in database tables can be the point to data in other tables - for instance, your entry in the database could point to several entries.
Example 1. Entity Relationship Diagram Software
What are Entity Relationship Diagrams?
Entity relationship diagram (ERD) is a graphical representation the logical structure of the relational databases, the entities and their relationships in a database. The ERDs are created in the process of the Entity-relationship modeling. It is the most important software engineering method for database modeling.
ERD contains three types of the elements: entities that represent the items on which people look for the information, attributes that represent the data related to the entities and relationships that assure a structure for the information.
There are several notations for drawing ERDs of any complexity, the most often are used the Chen's and Crow’s Foot notations.
Chen's notation represents entities as rectangles, and relationships appropriate for first-class objects as diamonds. If an entity set participates in a relationship set, they are connected with a line. Attributes are drawn as ovals and are connected with a line to exactly one entity or relationship set.
Example 2. Entity relationship diagram (ERD), Chen's notation
Crow's Foot notation uses boxes to represent entities, and lines between the boxes to represent relationships. Different shapes at the ends of these lines represent the cardinality of the relationship. Attributes of entity are drawn in the box that represents the entity.
Example 3. Entity relationship diagram (ERD), Crow's Foot notation
The following features make ConceptDraw DIAGRAM extended with Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) solution the best Entity Relationship Diagram Software:
- You don't need to be an artist to draw professional looking diagrams in a few minutes.
- Large quantity of ready-to-use vector objects makes your drawing diagrams quick and easy.
- Great number of predesigned templates and samples give you the good start for your own diagrams.
- ConceptDraw DIAGRAM provides you the possibility to use the grid, rules and guides. You can easily rotate, group, align, arrange the objects, use different fonts and colors to make your diagram exceptionally looking.
- All ConceptDraw DIAGRAM documents are vector graphic files and are available for reviewing, modifying, and converting to a variety of formats: image, HTML, PDF file, MS PowerPoint Presentation, Adobe Flash, MS Visio.
- Using ConceptDraw STORE you can navigate through ConceptDraw Solution Park, managing downloads and updates. You can access libraries, templates and samples directly from the ConceptDraw STORE.
- If you have any questions, our free of charge support is always ready to come to your aid.