Immunology is a relatively new branch of medical science and originates from microbiology. It is dedicated to the study of infectious diseases and the body’s response to them. Immunology is fast developing today and includes:
- immunochemistry - the study of the nature of antigens and antibodies;
- immunobiology - the study of the activity of immune cells;
- immunopathology - the study of the pathological processes caused by qualitatively or quantitatively altered immune responses;
- immunopharmacology - the study of medicaments and medication actions in immunology;
- tumor immunology - the study of the antigenic properties of the tumor cells and ways by which the immune system recognizes them and promotes tumor liquidation;
- transplantation immunology - the study of the ability of the immune system to distinguish its own cells from foreign invaders and methods to prevent rejection of cells, tissues, and organs during transplantation.
The immune system recognizes the nonself or foreign substances (Ag) which may be infections with a goal to give an adaptive response to them and defend a body.
Immune system is a body's natural defense system. Its main functions include maintaining the constancy of the internal environment of the body and immunity to various infectious microorganisms, viruses, bacteria, fungi, parasites, other pathogens and foreign agents that can lead to the failures in a body's work. The immune system has specific and non-specific types. The non-specific immunity is the first line of defense, it protects a body from various pathogens. The specific immunity protects a body from specific pathogens and has a specific response for particular antigens.
The illustrations have great value in the immunology area. They allow:
- making an overview of the immune system;
- illustrating the functions of the immune system;
- explaining mechanisms of work of the immune system;
- describing the functions of the innate immunity and adaptive immune system;
- depicting results of the science-based researches;
- making an overview of the recent area advances.
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software enhanced with the powerful drawing tools of the Immunology solution allows easy designing colorful, visual and high-quality immunology illustrations. They can be then successfully used in presentations, documents, posters, review articles, reports, educational materials, medical journals, and so on.
Example 1. Immunology Illustrations - Monoclonal Antibodies for Cancer
Immunology solution offers a lot of powerful drawing tools. They make drawing exceptionally-looking immunology illustrations easier and quicker than ever before regardless of your level in fine art. A huge collection of predesigned vector objects in 14 libraries is a great part of what you need for successful drawing immunology illustrations. Use the design elements — immune organs, immunotherapy, immune cells, immunoassay, antibodies, antigens and pathogens, and others from the corresponding libraries:
- Animal Immunization library
- Antibody library
- Antigens and Pathogens library
- Complement System library
- Hematopoiesis library
- Immune Cells library
- Immune Organs library
- Immunoassay library
- Immunology Lab library
- Immunoreceptors library
- Immunotherapy library
- Medical Immunology library
- Vaccine library
- Vaccine Cold Chain library
Example 2. Immunology Illustration - Innate and Adaptive Immunity
Among other tools, the Immunology solution includes a large set of ready-made samples and examples. They are the perfect base for each ConceptDraw DIAGRAM user when drawing its own immunology illustrations and diagrams. It is only needed to choose one, which best suits your task and requirements, and make the corresponding changes.
Example 3. Immunology Illustration - Hematopoiesis
The immunology illustrations you see on this page were created in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software using the Immunology Solution. They successfully demonstrate solution's capabilities and professional results you can achieve. An experienced user spent 15-20 minutes creating each of them.
Use the powerful tools of the Immunology Solution for ConceptDraw DIAGRAM software to create your own illustrations and diagrams of any complexity fast and easy, and then successfully use them in your work activity.
All source documents are vector graphic documents. They are available for reviewing, modifying, or converting to a variety of formats (PDF file, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, and many other graphic formats) from the ConceptDraw STORE. The Immunology Solution is available for all ConceptDraw DIAGRAM users.