For Mac OS X™ and Microsoft Windows™
The Most Comprehensive Business Tool for Everyday Work Environments
ConceptDraw Office is a powerful business productivity and diagramming software suite with comprehensive toolset that was designed to simplify and expedite the execution of daily work in any size business, and organize the information flow in a business process.
ConceptDraw Solution Park offers you a wide set of Areas with large quantity of different Solutions:
Process Flowchart (Process Flow Mapping)
Process flowchart or PFD is also known as the system flow diagram or SFD. The main reason of using process flowchart is to show the relation between major parts of the system. Process flowchart or PFD does not include minor parts or components of the system like piping ratings or piping systems. In many organizations, users term process flow diagrams as flow sheet.
Process flowchart are used primarily in process engineering and chemical industry where there is a requirement of depicting the relationship between major components only. These process engineering and chemical industry are least concerned about the minor components involved in the system. Process flow diagrams for single unit or multiple units differ in their structure and implementation. Process flow diagrams for multiple units do not include detailed information and are known as the schematic flow diagrams or block flow diagrams.
Involves creating a flow model that illustrates and analyzes the overall flow of activities in producing a product or service. Sometimes called: Process diagram, process flowchart, process flow map or process map, process flow document or process flow documentation, process flow model or process design model, process flow analysis chart or process flow analysis map model, process document or process documentation.
Process Flowchart Software
ConceptDraw allows you to easier create a process flowchart by providing the following possibilities for a flowchart:
- a variety of drawing tools, smart connectors and drag-and-drop shape libraries to create flow charts of complex processes, procedures and information exchange
- libraries and templates for audit flowcharts, data flow diagrams, cause & effect diagrams, IDEF0 Flowcharts and SDL Diagrams, cross-functional flowcharts and more.
Pic.1. Process Flowchart Software
What's Process Flowchart
Process flow diagrams should include the information regarding the connection between various systems. It also consists of the process piping and major parts details. Process flow diagrams are usually drawn on a large sheet of paper. Nowadays with the advent of computers and new technology, we tend to use computerized process flow diagrams. In old computer era, we used to draw process flow diagrams with the help of supporting software manually but now we have many process simulators that automatically create process flow diagrams. We can also make use of the Computer Aided Design (CAD) technology or flow chart software to enhance our process flow diagram skills.
Flowcharts are maps or graphical representations of a process. Steps in a process are shown with symbolic shapes, and the flow of the process is indicated with arrows connecting the symbols. Computer programmers popularized flowcharts in the 1960's, using them to map the logic of programs. In quality improvement work, flowcharts are particularly useful for displaying how a process currently functions or could ideally function. Flowcharts can help you see whether the steps of a process are logical, uncover problems or miscommunications, define the boundaries of a process, and develop a common base of knowledge about a process. Flowcharting a process often brings to light redundancies, delays, dead ends, and indirect paths that would otherwise remain unnoticed or ignored. But flowcharts don't work if they aren't accurate, if team members are afraid to describe what actually happens, or if the team is too far removed from the actual workings of the process.
The Services Process Flowchart displays the activities you may need to execute to achieve successful implementation and in-service management of your services program. These activities are intended as guides for consideration as you plan your services program. They are structured for a services program in which the prime services contractor will provide all human resources, ancillary equipment, and all space and facility modifications. Services programs which are intending to establish new or replace capabilities now provided by FAA owned and operated equipment with some form of leased services/equipment capability should use the Systems Process Flowchart to the extent applicable to ensure adequate planning for such program elements as logistics support and configuration management. This is to ensure leased capabilities are supported adequately and can achieve specified availability requirements.
Standard symbols for drawing process flowchart
Flowcharts use special shapes to represent different types of actions or steps in a process. Lines and arrows show the sequence of the steps, and the relationships among them. There are many symbols used to construct a flow chart; the more common symbols are shown below:
Pic.2. Flowchart Standard Elements
How to Draw Process Flowchart
The ability to create Business Process diagrams is provided by the Business Process Diagram solution. Open the ConceptDraw STORE, select the Business Process Diagram solution and click “Install”.
This solution extends ConceptDraw DIAGRAM with 8 libraries that contain 132 objects from
- Open a ConceptDraw DIAGRAM new document and select the appropriate BPMN library.
- Add BPMN elements to the diagram by dragging them from the library to the document page.
- Add the next object by clicking on its icon from the RapidDraw arrows that pop up when you bring the mouse cursor over the object.
- Modify objects using their Action button menu. To open the menu select an object and click the action button button in the upper right corner of the object.
- RapidDraw technology and the Action button allows you to create Business Process Diagrams quickly.
Pic.3. Flowchart - Business Process Diagram
Examples of Process Flowchart
The Benefits for Process Flowchart
The process flow chart provides a visual representation of the steps in a process. Flow charts are also referred to as process mapping or flow diagrams. ConceptDraw DIAGRAM is a perfect process flowchart software with rich flow chart templates and flow chart symbols you can create professional flow charts quickly and easily. Constructing a flow chart is often one of the first activities of a process improvement effort, because of the following benefits:
- Make process flowcharts
- Give everyone a clear understanding of the process
- Help to identify non-value-added operations
- Facilitate teamwork and communication
- Keep everyone on the same page
- Design a flow charts
- Flowchart construction etc.
Process Flowchart Drawing Guide-lines
There is no one right way to develop a flowchart, but the following guide-lines provide a general structure to follow, whether it's of the overall course navigational process, or at the hand-off phase to the various team members to develop more detailed treatment.
- Start with a simple one-line description or title of the process being flowcharted , e.g., "How to..."
- Using a top-down hierarchy, start with a terminal symbol, naming this trigger event, e.g., "User accesses course database..."
- Connect each successive action step in the logical sequence of events.
- Reference detailed information through annotations or connectors.
- Follow the process through to completion, denoted by a labeled end terminal symbol, e.g., "exit course."
A well-developed functional flowchart created in the design phase can save hours of wasted manpower time by ensuring the structure, sequencing and branching decision points in a computer based instructional program, support the course goals and objectives before development.
Whether you are the sole creator wearing many hats, or one of many on the development team, sharing a common visual language will guide the project through its many iterations and development phases throughout the instructional design process.-->
Pic. 1. Diagram Software
Examples of Diagram
ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagram designer provides a huge collection of examples for different types of diagrams that will help you create a diagram faster using any of them as the base. Be sure that your own diagrams designed in ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagram creator will look professional and attractive.
Pic. 2. Diagram Designer — Tokyo Tube Map
Pic. 3. Diagram Maker — ERD
Use a variety of drawing tools, smart connectors and shape libraries to create flowcharts of complex processes, procedures and information exchange. Define and document basic work and data flows, financial, production and quality management processes to increase efficiency of you business. Create process flowcharts, process flow Models, data flow diagrams, basic Flowcharts, IDEF0 flowcharts and SDL diagrams and a lot more with a perfect business flowchart tool ConceptDraw DIAGRAM .
The Benefits for Diagram Software
- With large quantity of ready-to-use vector objects from the ConceptDraw DIAGRAM libraries nothing could be easier to draw various types of diagrams in a few minutes.
- The great number of predesigned templates and samples from the ConceptDraw DIAGRAM solutions give you the good start for your own diagrams.
- ConceptDraw DIAGRAM diagram maker supports dynamic presentations with Live Object technology for displaying external data.
- All ConceptDraw DIAGRAM documents are vector graphic files and are available for reviewing, modifying, and converting to a variety of formats: image, HTML, PDF file, MS PowerPoint Presentation, Adobe Flash, MS Visio.
Tool for Mind Mapping and Brainstorming
ConceptDraw MINDMAP is designed to help you manage your ideas effectively. You can use ConceptDraw MINDMAP for process construction, mind mapping and brainstorming. Rich import and export capabilities are useful for sharing maps with colleagues and publishing content. Rich clipart galleries and extended drawing capabilities make your maps more informative and easier to understand.
Mind Map and Brainstorming Software
ConceptDraw MINDMAP offers a set of tools for generating, structuring, organizing and visualizing ideas and data. It is effectively used for planning, problem solving, decision making, creative and critical thinking, organization, presentations, team brainstorming, knowledge management, studying and learning with the help of clear visual mind maps.
Pic. 4. Mind Map and Brainstorming Software
Examples of Mind Map and Brainstorming
ConceptDraw MINDMAP provides a large quantity of examples of professionally designed mind maps on the different themes, for various situations that can be successfully used on the presentations, conferences, in blog posts, on websites.
Pic. 5. Mind Map — Pen Drawing
Pic. 6. Mind Map
The Benefits for Mind Map and Brainstorming Software
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP is effective for designing the mind maps, brainstorming, idea generating, creative and lateral thinking, creativity and problem solving.
- The wide set of tools makes ConceptDraw MINDMAP ideal for team and personal work in Business, Marketing and Project Management.
- The libraries with large quantity of vector objects help to illustrate your mind maps and to make them bright, visual and comprehensible.
- Using the View Navigator tool you can create presentations from a mind map: a mind map diagram maker gives you the possibility to simply select the map parts you want to present, sequence your slides, and preview the presentation.
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP allows you to input your data from many different file formats and to output to wide variety of applications, such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, MS Excel, Mindjet MindManager, save as image, HTML, PDF file.
Powerful Project Management Application
ConceptDraw PROJECT is a comprehensive tool for project planning and resource management. ConceptDraw PROJECT gives you visibility into all essential elements involved in your project and gives you the control you need to oversee resources and budget. ConceptDraw PROJECT is easy to learn and use.
Project Management Software
ConceptDraw PROJECT provides an extensive set of tools to help project managers to plan and monitor project development and resource allocation. ConceptDraw PROJECT enables you graphically represent the tasks of your project in the form of Gantt Chart, build project dashboards, various one-click reports and easily view the project progress.
Pic. 7. Project Management Software
Examples of Project Management
ConceptDraw PROJECT provides a set of project management examples, of Gantt Charts, Multiproject Dashboards, reports.
Pic. 8. Gantt Chart
Pic. 9. Multiproject Dashboard
The Benefits for Project Management Software
- ConceptDraw PROJECT is an effective tool with powerful functionality which is ideal for planning, scheduling and monitoring project development, allocation of budget and resources.
- ConceptDraw PROJECT enables you to manage single and multi-projects, create visual project dashboards and diagrams, generate various kinds of reports with one click.
- ConceptDraw PROJECT provides wide capabilities of importing and exporting in various formats: Microsoft Project, ConceptDraw MINDMAP, Mindjet MindManager, PDF file.