Basic Flowchart Symbols and Meaning
Initially, the project scope is defined and the appropriate methods for completing the project are determined. Following this step, the durations for the various tasks necessary to complete the work are listed and grouped into a work breakdown structure. Project planning is often used to organize different areas of a project, including project plans, work loads and the management of teams and individuals. The logical dependencies between tasks are defined using an activity network diagram that enables identification of the critical path. Float or slack time in the schedule can be calculated using project management software. Then the necessary resources can be estimated and costs for each activity can be allocated to each resource, giving the total project cost. At this stage, the project schedule may be optimized to achieve the appropriate balance between resource usage and project duration to comply with the project objectives. Once established and agreed, the project schedule becomes what is known as the baseline schedule. Progress will be measured against the baseline schedule throughout the life of the project. Analyzing progress compared to the baseline schedule is known as earned value management.
The inputs of the project planning phase include the project charter and the concept proposal. The outputs of the project planning phase include the project requirements, the project schedule, and the project management plan." [Project planning. Wikipedia]
The flow chart example "Project planning process" was created using the ConceptDraw PRO diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Flowcharts solution from the area "What is a Diagram" of ConceptDraw Solution Park. Read more
The Guide recognizes 47 processes that fall into five basic process groups and ten knowledge areas that are typical of almost all projects.
The five process groups are:
Monitoring and Controlling,
The ten knowledge areas are:
Project Integration Management,
Project Scope Management,
Project Time Management,
Project Cost Management,
Project Quality Management,
Project Human Resource Management,
Project Communications Management,
Project Risk Management,
Project Procurement Management,
Project Stakeholders Management (added in 5th edition).
Each of the ten knowledge areas contains the processes that need to be accomplished within its discipline in order to achieve an effective project management program. Each of these processes also falls into one of the five basic process groups, creating a matrix structure such that every process can be related to one knowledge area and one process group." [A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. Wikipedia]
The flow chart example "Project management life cycle" was created using the ConceptDraw PRO diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Flowcharts solution from the area "What is a Diagram" of ConceptDraw Solution Park. Read more
This sample shows the Workflow Diagram that clearly illustrates stages a BPM consists of and relations between all parts of business. The Workflow Diagrams are used to represent the transferring of data during the work process, to study and analysis the working processes, and to optimize a workflow. Read more
(1) Documented need to act.
(2) Project plan templates.
(3) Lessons learned from previous projects.
(4) Existing project management standards.
(5) External information.
(6) Resources for project planning and project execution.
(1) Project initiation.
(2) Project planning.
(3) Project execution.
(4) Project control and validation.
(5) Project closeout.
(1) Project products delivered.
(2) Project objectives achieved (as a result of the interplay among project products and the organization or its environment).
(3) Lessons learned documented." [Project management process. Wikipedia]
The audit flowchart example "Project management process" was created using the ConceptDraw PRO diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Audit Flowcharts solution from the Finance and Accounting area of ConceptDraw Solution Park.
www.conceptdraw.com/solution-park/finance-audit-flowcharts Read more
- Flowchart Programming Project . Flowchart Examples | Sample ...
- Project management life cycle - Flowchart | Project planning process ...
- Project management life cycle - Flowchart | Basic Diagramming | PM ...
- Project management life cycle - Flowchart | Sample Project ...
- Use Of Flowchart In Project Management
- Audit flowchart - Project management process
- Project management process | Flowchart
- Basic Audit Flowchart . Flowchart Examples | Audit Flowcharts | Audit ...
- Program to Make Flow Chart | Basic Diagramming | Project ...
- Project management life cycle - Flowchart | Program to Make Flow ...
- Software Work Flow Process in Project Management with Diagram ...
- Audit flowchart - Project management process | PM Presentations ...
- Audit flowchart - Project management process | Project management ...
- Sample Project Flowchart . Flowchart Examples | Flowchart ...
- Activities In A Project Management Software With Example Diagram
- How To Implement Collaborative Project Management | Examples of ...
- Flowchart Software Project Management
- Audit flowchart - Project management process | Business process ...
- Audit flowchart - Project management process | Software and ...
- Best Flowcharts | Pyramid Diagram | Process Flowchart | Project ...
- ERD | Entity Relationship Diagrams, ERD Software for Mac and Win
- Flowchart | Basic Flowchart Symbols and Meaning
- Flowchart | Flowchart Design - Symbols, Shapes, Stencils and Icons
- Flowchart | Flow Chart Symbols
- Electrical | Electrical Drawing - Wiring and Circuits Schematics
- Flowchart | Common Flowchart Symbols
- Flowchart | Common Flowchart Symbols