Design elements - Biochemistry of metabolism
"Metabolites are the intermediates and products of metabolism. The term metabolite is usually restricted to small molecules. Metabolites have various functions, including fuel, structure, signaling, stimulatory and inhibitory effects on enzymes, catalytic activity of their own (usually as a cofactor to an enzyme), defense, and interactions with other organisms (e.g. pigments, odorants, and pheromones). A primary metabolite is directly involved in normal "growth", development, and reproduction. Alcohol is an example of a primary metabolite produced in large-scale by industrial microbiology. A secondary metabolite is not directly involved in those processes, but usually has an important ecological function. Examples include antibiotics and pigments such as resins and terpenes etc. ...
The metabolome forms a large network of metabolic reactions, where outputs from one enzymatic chemical reaction are inputs to other chemical reactions." [Metabolite. Wikipedia]
The shapes example "Design elements - Biochemistry of metabolism" is included in the Biology solution from the Science and Education area of ConceptDraw Solution Park. Read more
The biochemical diagram example "Metabolic pathway map" was created using the ConceptDraw PRO diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Biology solution from the Science and Education area of ConceptDraw Solution Park. Read more
Biology solution provides 3 libraries with large quantity of vector biology symbols: Biochemistry of Metabolism Library, Carbohydrate Metabolism Library, Citric Acid Cycle (TCA Cycle) Library. Read more
This metabolic pathway map was redesigned from Wikipedia file: Catabolism schematic.svg. [en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Catabolism_schematic.svg]
The biochemical diagram example "Catabolism schematic" was created using the ConceptDraw PRO diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Biology solution from the Science and Education area of ConceptDraw Solution Park. Read more
"The citric acid cycle - also known as the tricarboxylic acid cycle (TCA cycle), or the Krebs cycle, - is a series of chemical reactions used by all aerobic organisms to generate energy through the oxidation of acetate derived from carbohydrates, fats and proteins into carbon dioxide and chemical energy in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). In addition, the cycle provides precursors of certain amino acids as well as the reducing agent NADH that is used in numerous other biochemical reactions. Its central importance to many biochemical pathways suggests that it was one of the earliest established components of cellular metabolism and may have originated abiogenically.
The name of this metabolic pathway is derived from citric acid (a type of tricarboxylic acid) that is consumed and then regenerated by this sequence of reactions to complete the cycle. In addition, the cycle consumes acetate (in the form of acetyl-CoA) and water, reduces NAD+ to NADH, and produces carbon dioxide as a waste byproduct. The NADH generated by the TCA cycle is fed into the oxidative phosphorylation (electron transport) pathway. The net result of these two closely linked pathways is the oxidation of nutrients to produce usable chemical energy in the form of ATP." [Citric acid cycle. Wikipedia]
The shapes example "Design elements - TCA cycle" is included in the Biology solution from the Science and Education area of ConceptDraw Solution Park. Read more
Use these shapes for drawing block flow diagrams (BFD), process flow diagrams (PFD), piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), and water flow diagrams.
"Chemical engineering is a branch of engineering that applies the natural (or experimental) sciences (e.g., chemistry and physics) and life sciences (e.g. biology, microbiology and biochemistry) together with mathematics and economics to production, transformation, transportation and proper usage of chemicals, materials and energy. It essentially deals with the engineering of chemicals, energy and the processes that create and/or convert them. Modern chemical engineers are concerned with processes that convert raw-materials or (cheap)chemicals into more useful or valuable forms. In addition, they are also concerned with pioneering valuable materials and related techniques – which are often essential to related fields such as nanotechnology, fuel cells and bioengineering. Within chemical engineering, two broad subgroups include design, manufacture, and operation of plants and machinery in industrial chemical and related processes ("chemical process engineers") and development of new or adapted substances for products ranging from foods and beverages to cosmetics to cleaners to pharmaceutical ingredients, among many other products ("chemical product engineers")." [Chemical engineering. Wikipedia]
The example "Design elements - Chemical engineering" was created using the ConceptDraw PRO diagramming and vector drawing software extended with the Chemical and Process Engineering solution from the Engineering area of ConceptDraw Solution Park. Read more
- Design elements - Biochemistry of metabolism | Metabolic pathway ...
- Catabolism schematic - Biochemical diagram | Metabolic pathway ...
- Metabolic pathway map - Biochemical diagram | Biology ...
- Diagram To Draw On Biochemistry File
- Biology Drawing Software | Metabolic pathway map - Biochemical ...
- Design elements - Biochemistry of metabolism | Biology Drawing ...
- Biology | Cisco Network Icons | Mindmap For Biochemistry And Sports
- Biology Symbols | Design elements - Biochemistry of metabolism ...
- Bio Flowchart Lite | Biochemistry Flowchart
- Mind Map Biochemistry
- Picture On About Biochemistry For Drawing
- Biochemistry Of Cell Diagrams Of Cell
- Design elements - Biochemistry of metabolism | Biology Symbols ...
- Diagrams Of Biochemistry Laboratory Equipments
- Science and Education Area | Biochemistry Topics For Mind Map
- Biology | Metabolic pathway map - Biochemical diagram | Biology ...
- Images Of Biochemistry Diagrams
- Biology Symbols | Metabolic pathway map - Biochemical diagram ...
- Biochemistry Flowchart Software
- Biochemistry Chart Presentation
- ERD | Entity Relationship Diagrams, ERD Software for Mac and Win
- Flowchart | Basic Flowchart Symbols and Meaning
- Flowchart | Flowchart Design - Symbols, Shapes, Stencils and Icons
- Flowchart | Flow Chart Symbols
- Electrical | Electrical Drawing - Wiring and Circuits Schematics
- Flowchart | Common Flowchart Symbols
- Flowchart | Common Flowchart Symbols